• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

OT: This game is too addictive...

Jul 3, 2005
Australia
OT: This game is too addictive...

Alright, before i start, yes, i know im supposed to be no longer playing with a banned account (and possibly banned IP :p ) but the truth is

THIS GAME IS TOO ADDICTIVE....

so yes, I'm downgrading my 'I'm quitting' to 'I'm gonna play less but still be around from time to time'...

Playing D2 for so many years has made me realise how tough it must be for heroin addicts to stop...I mean the drugs are in their blood stream...and D2 is in...our minds ...

anyways, how y'all been?

abarlament

Aug 4, 2005
WV
ComeOutAndPlay said:
Alright, before i start, yes, i know im supposed to be no longer playing with a banned account (and possibly banned IP :p ) but the truth is

THIS GAME IS TOO ADDICTIVE....

so yes, I'm downgrading my 'I'm quitting' to 'I'm gonna play less but still be around from time to time'...

Playing D2 for so many years has made me realise how tough it must be for heroin addicts to stop...I mean the drugs are in their blood stream...and D2 is in...our minds ...

anyways, how y'all been?

Yup, damn random interval schedule they got us on :) It's electronic crack.

Drandimere

Feb 20, 2004
In the 5 years that I've been playing, I think that the longest that I have been away is 4 months and that was only because I took time to play through NWN and Morrowind and all their expansions. But, I always come back. Getting the itch to pickup Madden 2006 - so that might signal a DII break for a month or two. I've never been addicted to a game that way I am too DII!

maxgerin

Jun 22, 2003
Phil.
www.freewebs.com
You know, I'm starting to believe that there is something utterly evil about this game.

Sometimes I think that I'm totally bored with it, then just by thinking that I'm bored with it I'm prompted to play it.

It's like a bad habit. A really really bad bad habit.
And I'm not doing anything as of now to escape from this. ;)

But I think, more than anything else, it is this forum that keeps me playing this 5-year-old game. If I wasn't introduced to purediablo.com by my friend (and consequently, I won't find this forum), I think I won't play the game anymore after finishing a character or two.

--maxgerin

Death_StrikeR

Jun 23, 2003
Philippines
maxgerin said:
But I think, more than anything else, it is this forum that keeps me playing this 5-year-old game.
Hehhehe...
Very true.
I once thought that I'm the only one in the world who is still playing this "old" game ^_^

essojay

Jun 26, 2004
NH
All my RL friends quit a long time ago. Too bad none of them left me 3457986 tyrael's and 6247 zods. You know, that's what friends are for. :lol:

Thirty-Thirty

Dec 16, 2004
Germany
ComeOutAndPlay said:
anyways, how y'all been?
Well, I championed my Avenger using that rare Seraph Rod that you gave me. If you'd like it back, just shout. If not, if anyone needs a really solid Avenger weapon at level 57, I'm not using it anymore, and I won't trade a giveaway item.

And yes, this game is addictive. I haven't played a new release in about a year, just because they never compare to D2.

Apr 26, 2005
CA
Thirty-Thirty said:
And yes, this game is addictive. I haven't played a new release in about a year, just because they never compare to D2.

me either. i just can't play vanilla anymore, but the middle earth mod has been good to me. I'm really tempted to try Nezeramontias or one of the others whose name escapes me currently.

but i was reading about the new FP perspective game from the BlizzNorth guys and that seems like it could be good. He was talking about random drops, skills, character types etc. and trying to make it even more replayable than D2. it's called hellgate: london if a) you haven't heard about it already and b) you care to google it. I really like the fantasy setting of d2, but i was really into freespace2 for awhile, so i bet i could get back into guns and missles if all else was done well.

EDIT: "Set twenty-five years in the future, 'HELLGATE: LONDON' introduces a world devastated by a demon invasion and a desolate city scorched by hellfire where mankind has gone underground to survive. Among them are the Templar, an archaic and secret society that foresaw this demonic apocalypse centuries ago. Followers of arcane rites, the Templar combine futuristic technology with ancient artifacts to forge powerful weapons and armor. The mystic sanctuary of the Underground system provides players safe conduct throughout the sprawling metropolis of London as they seek to preserve the bloodline of man and gain a foothold against the minions of darkness."

Thirty-Thirty

Dec 16, 2004
Germany
gravitysrainbow said:
...i was really into freespace2 for awhile, so i bet i could get back into guns and missles if all else was done well.
Freespace2, as it so happens, is about the only other game I've played in the last year. Well, Freespace2, Freedom Fighters, and Jedi Academy. Anyway: an awesome game.

Apr 26, 2005
CA
Thirty-Thirty said:
Freespace2, as it so happens, is about the only other game I've played in the last year. Well, Freespace2, Freedom Fighters, and Jedi Academy. Anyway: an awesome game.

it has such a great story and for the love of god- where are all the good space dogfighting games?

"Roger that, Sir- engaging your target.."

uhoh. i think i'll have to play that when i get home from work. :thumbsup:

was reading more about hellgate..man. sounds quite cool.