• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

OK pits question...

chubbypuppy

Dec 2, 2003
OK pits question...

Everyone knows that Pits is great for MF running, but all the guides talk about is hell Pits, which is pretty hard for a single type sorc (even a poor meteorb). As an Orb sorc, I actually run NM Diablo pretty often for the mid level stuff (which we all love to have right now with the new season) since there's only fire immunes in there, and it levels my merc well.

My quest is that is the NM Pits worth running? Will it drop as well as NM Diablo and Meph and Andy? How about immunes down there?

Thanks.

Myrakh-2

Jun 23, 2004
flyff.cable.nu
No pits ever drop as "well" as act bosses, simply because there aren't any act bosses in the pits. I don't think the bosses make up for that.

Nightmare pits are lvl 39 (lvl 1) and lvl 40 (lvl 2), which isn't particulary high: act 2 generally ranges between 43 and 49, act 3 is around 49-56 and so on.

I don't know about the immunities in nightmare, but IIRC you can already get single immune bosses.

EDIT:
nightmare durance is lvl 55, nightmare RoF is 57, nightmare CS is 58, nightmare WSK is 65, nightmare Throneroom is 66 --- so you would be much better off killing monsters on your way to the act bosses, instead of doing pits (which is also true for hell, although for different reasons).

In fact, even Catacombs are lvl 42 and 43... so kill stuff on your way to Andy.

chubbypuppy

Dec 2, 2003
Ah, thanks for the info. So I guess Hell Pits are unique in their level compared to the rest of the areas. I'll stick with my Andy/Diablo runs (and I pick Diablo just cuz it's a straight line teleport, haha, no MH here...)