• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Oh my...

Jun 29, 2005
California
Oh my...

met someone today who had a paladin who uses his holy fire aura as a main attack, that is... hitting with an axe ... didnt think much of it.

he stepped out in blood moor, zombies died in one hit, devilkins died in 2...

he challenged me to a duel, his conviction lowered my fire resist to -100

even though my barb wasnt fully complete, it still took out a relatively big portion out of my life

then i thought to myself, what i only saw in open battle net was possible in closed

this is like the next generation of nk'ers

what an extremely unfair advantage...

you dont even have to do anything except run because of the auras huge range

opinions on this...

Jul 29, 2003
Visit site
its called an auradin. its in the stickies in the paladin forum. they use either hand of justice weapon + dragon armor with dream hat + dream shield or they use dragon armor + dragon shield + hand of justice weapon + dream hat. depends if they want to balance fire and lightning or lean towards fire. the aura levels given by the items stack and are synergized by points in resist fire and resist lightning. but the paladin can host a conviction aura because the auras dont take up space in the skill tab. so you get two strong damage auras auto hosted, then you add your own conviction.

is is an extremely expensive build using mostly ladder items. but i think it would be pretty fun in pvm with zeal as a main attack delivering the damage as well as the auras themselves. it is a good pvp build as well.

Jerion

Dec 24, 2004
Toronto
Within about an hour of ladder ending, I was facing a Holy Fire version of one of these builds. All he did was stand in place, zealing if I was close. My ww barb make short work of him [1-2 whirls]. It seems as though these builds have low defense/life [they use dragon amor instead of nigma, losing the str bonus].

Uzziah

Feb 20, 2004
Wait until you meet with a dream enchantress dealing in the 50k+ damage range per hit, with zeal from a weapon Oskill. Nasty nasty sorceresses they are.

They don't have huge AR but when they land a hit (at 50,xxx before reductions) your pretty much can say byebye.

toolthegod

Jul 5, 2003
Visit site
Yes yes, this is a aruadin build. I have one. IMO they are the cheapest duelers. (not in price tho) they are ment to just run and not get hit. with out tele a barb will die eventho he will not get hit. the fire dmg is not real high but with conv. it works well. If the pally was standing there trying to zeal you then he will die. It is a great char to duel the summoning stacking bone necros tho.
so yes, it is a ladder build.

heh, ppl who never play ladder are in big trouble now with the ladder rune words. (now you'll know what we had to put up with) :uhhuh:

nickedoff

Jul 30, 2005
The States
Forget dream helmet.
Use an Um'd Kiras for uber sorb nastiness. The rest of your gear gives +5% max res anyhow. People hate you, but good luck killing skilled chargers and zons with poison damage.

Omikron8

Jun 28, 2003
newerest said:
*points to high level conviction*

Arreat's/Kira's with um rune
Chains of Honor (so you can't reach them without enigma, who cares when they can't hurt you?)
Tgods
2x dwarf star
Highlords
stacked grand/small res charms
annihilus
natural resistance skill
sanctuary shield or um'ed stormshield

GG auradin

dkay

Jul 31, 2003
HB, California
to get such high damage you are prolly going to carcrifice either % block or dr. either way it means death to a tele + whirl barb with good resist. getting 325 resist isnt as hard as you think... hell.. just whirl with um'ed wizspikes if your lazy to switch gears.

Dad Daniel

May 7, 2005
Sofia
dkay said:
to get such high damage you are prolly going to carcrifice either % block or dr. either way it means death to a tele + whirl barb with good resist. getting 325 resist isnt as hard as you think... hell.. just whirl with um'ed wizspikes if your lazy to switch gears.

ROFL!!

"Um'ed wizspikes" - i can't believe you are proposing soceting um on wizard spike, because of the 25% Chance to open wounds mode, they will bring on it??
:D

Sep 30, 2003
Belgium
Dad Daniel said:
ROFL!!

"Um'ed wizspikes" - i can't believe you are proposing soceting um on wizard spike, because of the 25% Chance to open wounds mode, they will bring on it??
Yah, I got those too. Very fun to do actually. Well, that is, if you like hit&run and people crying a lot ^^

HoD

jantsa87

Feb 24, 2005
chances are these builds are going to die out soon, as patch 1.11 made it so the auras dont stack when u have, say, 2 dreams. my dreamer had 9k dmg, patch comes out and his dmg is 6k. also, im told the auras wont get juiced by sorc masteries anymore, so thats over as well. u guys on nl got lucky in that u dont have to deal with em anymore.

nickedoff

Jul 30, 2005
The States
The patch didn't change anything with aurastacking and masteries affecting auras. My dual-dream sorc still does 35k damage per attack at 6aps. It's at 35 because I don't use any skill grandcharms, and my auradin is still whooping things in the face.

dkay

Jul 31, 2003
HB, California
Dad Daniel said:
ROFL!!

wait was i just insulted?