• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Oh act II, I hate you so

abarlament

Aug 4, 2005
WV
Oh act II, I hate you so

Arcane Sanctuary... Maggot Lair... I hate them. My merc is borderline retarded, so it takes FOREVER to kill stuff. I just unsummon everything and let the merc kill something, then CE everything. Anyways, he doesn't understand that, so he'll get stuck, not move forward, stuff like that. I'll unsummon YOU, damn Emilio.

dfwall02453

Jun 24, 2003
Visit site
Act II Annoyance

Maybe it's just me, but I find 1 point in Confusion pretty much turns all the areas of Act II that are not open air into a cakewalk. It is particularly amusing to watch those mobs of scarabs electrocute each other.

It's less effective in the open air, but in those confined spaces, it's just the thing.

shijo

May 13, 2005
USA
Attract works much the same way Confuse does, but Confuse is probably a little faster in these situations.

SharnMes

May 2, 2005
Denmark
abarlament said:
Arcane Sanctuary... Maggot Lair... I hate them. My merc is borderline retarded, so it takes FOREVER to kill stuff. I just unsummon everything and let the merc kill something, then CE everything. Anyways, he doesn't understand that, so he'll get stuck, not move forward, stuff like that. I'll unsummon YOU, damn Emilio.

It takes alot of hard work to "loose" you merc. Believe me I know :D

Oh and I agree act 2 has its "moment" espesially if your a necro (im one too so I know...) BUT I actually hate act 3 more. I dont know why really...

May 30, 2005
The Netherlands
well, i run the maggot lair with my skells. I run forward till i encounter a baddie and then i walk a few steps back behind a few skells. The skells will then engage the baddie. If i would just stay in front, nothing happens and i get beaten to pulp.

Pherdnut

Sep 13, 2004
Act III is just boring as all getout. I'm with you there. For the Lair, I've found that unsummoning down to just 2-3 skeleton warriors will do the trick since your merc can usually strike from behind them if he takes too long getting into the action. Attract is probably more ideal since you can use it on a monster behind the rest while amping the ones you're engaging for a quicker CE. Maggot's Lair is a pain for a lot of builds. I think summoners got off relatively lightly. It's pretty much a bonemancers playground though and poisonmancers have a pretty easy time of it too. Maggot's is just one of many reasons I hate Hammerdins though.

cotton

Nov 1, 2004
Nashville
A staff with teleport charges could help this alot, as you can position your helper monkeys better. All in all, though, act ii is just tedious.

Myrakh-2

Jun 23, 2004
flyff.cable.nu
I find bnet even more practical, especially since I didn't have the gear: I just let something like 4 other people deal with maggots, and looked for lost city / wp / snake valley in the meantime...

Other than that, since I'm a fan of Trangs, I used firewalls in the previous ladder quite a lot down there. I did make a Duriel mule for hell, though --- it just takes too much time, even with maxed CE and nice firewalls. Mana *is* a limiting factor, after all.