• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

not sure if this goes here, but anyone heard of this? ifra

Aaronmaiden

Aug 2, 2005
U.K.
not sure if this goes here, but anyone heard of this?

I traded a brain for an enigma duskshroud. It then turned into a 2 socket quilted armour when I joined another game. Anyone had this happen? The ******* is now a brain richer :/

SirDooFuss

Jul 18, 2003
Sunny California
Aaronmaiden said:
I traded a brain for an enigma duskshroud. It then turned into a 2 socket quilted armour when I joined another game. Anyone had this happen? The ******* is now a brain richer :/

I've seen this only when someone switches the item after you look at it. The check boxes will go red for a few seconds if anyone moves or replaces items. Did they move it around in the trade window at all? Sometimes the last "move" is a switch. Not a hack, but a bad scam. I've heard there is a hack that does this more effectively but never seen it myself.

Aaronmaiden

Aug 2, 2005
U.K.
SirDooFuss said:
I've seen this only when someone switches the item after you look at it. The check boxes will go red for a few seconds if anyone moves or replaces items. Did they move it around in the trade window at all? Sometimes the last "move" is a switch. Not a hack, but a bad scam. I've heard there is a hack that does this more effectively but never seen it myself.
Don't think he changed. It looked the same before the end of trade :p

mhl12

Jul 3, 2004
USA
did you check that you had the enigma dusk shroud in your inventory before you left the game?

Aaronmaiden

Aug 2, 2005
U.K.
mhl12 said:
did you check that you had the enigma dusk shroud in your inventory before you left the game?
As a matter of fact I did. And it was there. But as soon as I went in another game, it wasn't there. BAM, a quilted armour with 2 socs :x

Darnoc

Jan 20, 2005
Chicago Burbs
Did you actually put the mouse cursor over the armor to make sure it stated it was an enigma after you traded?

I'm guessing you didn't; you most likely fell for a trade window switch- do you remember him putting up the enigma, and then saying he doesnt have enough room, then coming back and throwing the armor up fast, trying to hurry the trade? This is why you need to make sure items and their stats are exactly what you want before you click your trade agreement button. The fact that the armor you currently have only has two sockets proves this since an enigma needs three.

Sometimes people will even have 2 ebotdz; one thats low and one thats high; and will trick you into trading godlies for the low one by switching them at the last minute; I'd suggest you go read the scam list stickied in the newcomer forum so this type of thing doesn't happen to you again.

Darnoc

Aaronmaiden

Aug 2, 2005
U.K.
Darnoc said:
Did you actually put the mouse cursor over the armor to make sure it stated it was an enigma after you traded?

I'm guessing you didn't; you most likely fell for a trade window switch- do you remember him putting up the enigma, and then saying he doesnt have enough room, then coming back and throwing the armor up fast, trying to hurry the trade? This is why you need to make sure items and their stats are exactly what you want before you click your trade agreement button. The fact that the armor you currently have only has two sockets proves this since an enigma needs three.

Sometimes people will even have 2 ebotdz; one thats low and one thats high; and will trick you into trading godlies for the low one by switching them at the last minute; I'd suggest you go read the scam list stickied in the newcomer forum so this type of thing doesn't happen to you again.

Darnoc

I'll do that, Darnoc. I don't really care anyway, I couldn't take the uber 3 without a party anyway, and I have a torch :p
But he didn't close the trade window. And I knew Enigma needed 3, (Seeing as Jah Ith and Ber are the runes needed).

Darnoc

Jan 20, 2005
Chicago Burbs
Did he remove the armor from the viewable trade window for some reason, like to show you something else without closing the trade window? Just gotta be careful, those scammers are vicious.

MickRaider

Banned
Aug 3, 2005
Darnoc said:
Did he remove the armor from the viewable trade window for some reason, like to show you something else without closing the trade window? Just gotta be careful, those scammers are vicious.
It could be a trade window hack like they used to have. When you initiate the trade the object will already be up there, you can hover over it and see the attributes. When the trade goes through you get some ****ty item with the same attributes and some socket. One way to avoid this is to ask them to move the item around. Just be careful they don't try and pull a switch.