• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

not another intro thread....

shleefin

Aug 2, 2005
NJ
not another intro thread....

sorry, i'll keep this short, it seems like this forum is always getting new people. do you guys ever tire of saying 'welcome'? i hope not but i just wanted to introduce myself. ive had this game since it came out but recently got back into the game for....reasons im not quite sure of, the game's just too addicting. i decided to post cause im interested in some multi-player thats not b.net, just some friendly tcp/ip. look for me in the games thread or ill find you!

short char list:
pat gromph lvl 90 nec
mat cow_girl lvl ** 1.09 meteorb (no synergies but is playable in 1.11...barely)

those are the only 2 i play now, 1.10 killed my other chars. hope to make some new chars and play some games with you guys....later cause i have to work in the morning :(
bye

TopHatCat64

Jul 8, 2004
The SPF
Welcome! :)

It's always nice to see another person returning to Diablo. I too took at least a 3 year break before I started playing last summer. Hope you enjoy yourself at the SPF.

essojay

Jun 26, 2004
NH
I assume you played those chars in 1.09 and brought them over to 1.10. If so, kudos for getting a necro so high on 1.09! :lol:

Welcome to the forums!

corax

Jan 11, 2004
australia
essojay said:
I assume you played those chars in 1.09 and brought them over to 1.10. If so, kudos for getting a necro so high on 1.09! :lol:

Welcome to the forums!

it wasn't that hard once you got t3h rush too cows. :D

welcome to the forums mr shleefin and see you on the battlefield

TrubbaNot

Jun 21, 2005
Midwest US
Welcome. Check out the guides in the FAQ sticky for 1.10/1.11 builds (or inspiration, if you don't like following guides).

TheWormishOne

May 10, 2005
Oslo, Norway
Haha! That sounds like an eighties comedy... If such a concept as an intro thread had existed then.

Welcome to the SPF! There's lots of fun to be had with 1.10/1.11 - synergies is the best idea to have been implemented in this game yet :clap:

water_moon

Jul 19, 2004
IL, USA
Welcome! Do I ever tire of handing out goodie baskets of baked goods and squid replant? nope! (not even with my kitty putting my left hand out of commision....) Now tell us about yourself, your favorite cookie, critter, pastime when you aren't D2ing.... you know, coffee talk.

shleefin

Aug 2, 2005
NJ
well im 19, work a lot at a pharmacy and go to school at rutgers in NJ, USA. i enjoy the usuals: beer, video games, simpsons, family guy, cards, friends, in no particular order. that necro is actually 1.10, sorry for the confusion. i made him about a month ago when i started playing again. 90 aint too bad for a month of play. i use him as my main mf character and love him. matter of fact, ive always loved necros since the day i first played the game. IM/BG was the best, anyone remember those days? 1.08 and .09 sucked for my necros, look how hard it was to pat my old IM necro: http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/2383/screenshot0031iw.jpg
when i heard necros rocked in 1.10 i almost didnt believe it considering the patch made many of my chars (pretty much untwinked at the time cause i didnt mf) totally useless. but i have to say, if blizzard got any of its D2 patches right, its 1.10 for sure. definately my favorite patch