• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

No friday thread yet?

Nov 13, 2003
Jerusalem, Israel
Visit site
No friday thread yet?

Since there doesn't seem to be one yet, I'll start the daily.

I played quite a bit today, and took my zealot, named Zealot, through quite a large part of nightmare, started from the waypoint in The Lost City and got all the way to the waypoint in the Frigid Highlands, this is a softcore character, but I'm quite satisfied I managed to do it without dying, and not as in normal die in the Chaos Sanctuary from Iron Maiden. I forgot already what level I started at, but there were two changes of equipment, one on Zealot, and one on the merc, Leharas.
Zealot started off with Hand Of Blessed Light, and switched to using Lightsabre at level 58, and Leharas switched, probably at the same time, from an ethereal Honour halberd to an Obedience tresher. The result is that now I'm often in doubt whether I'm playing players 1 or players 8, since the killing is so insanely fast (with auras (fanaticism and might) on, damage is listed as 1000-1600 or so for Zealot, and 700 to 4800 or so for Leharas. I'm already thinking there might be a chance of actuallly continuing at players 8 in hell, but we'll see that later.
I also did a few countess runs with Meteorb, but she did not find anything of interest.

nepeta

Sep 19, 2004
The Netherlands
Sir Lister of Smeg said:
... my zealot, named Zealot, ...

^^

Today I worked a bit, rather tiresome. In a rainy hour I did 2 levels of my ladder sorc, and ran into my first spambot. Before I started Bnet I liked first times, but now... Going to do something relaxing now, probably some MFing with good music on, later there's a movie with Rammstein music, sexual violence and suicide, should be quite good.

Reading back, I conclude: I lack a life. Hope Baal drops me one.

Porius

Jul 7, 2003
Des Moines, Ia
Visit site
Just 2 more hours.... Say another 6 before I can play some DII... Patience. Patience.

Looking forward to playing Viper tonight. I need to get going in the All Alone Tourney. He's still stuck in Act II Normal *sigh*

Porius

TrubbaNot

Jun 21, 2005
Midwest US
Still troubleshooting here. Busy day at the bookstore; hoped to get in an hour or so of play, but now I am on my way back to the Blizzard tech support site yet again. Now the error message isn't even displaying. I'm just getting the 'halt' sound and my program stops running and I find myself in the desktop. May have to change my forum name to Baldy, as I am tearing out my hair...

on edit: Poor BeCaws is still in A1Normal in the All Alone tourney...

Moar

Oct 12, 2003
Finally got some time to play yesterday and today. Was on holiday and had guests the last four week. Yesterday was guestfree, but got a new guest today who is here on a conference and will luckily be low maintainance. At least I hope so as d2 withdrawal is getting overwhelming.

Started my first ever HC char yesterday for the "Gifts from above" tournament and waiting for my first items now.
I'm very afraid that I will kill him early as I am sometimes just stupid. :)

Did some Pit and Pindle runs while waiting for the gear and got that Death's Web of Pindle. Thank you very much! :)
Pindle seems to drop one good item ever 1000 runs for me and crap inbetween, but with those items, I'll continue running him.
(Death's Fathom and Death's Web since I restarted, nothing good inbetween)

Have a nice weekend!

Moar

Jun 3, 2004
Bangor, Maine
After I got home from work last night, I had to question what I was going to do to kill a few hours 'til bedtime. I had already finished the new Harry Potter book (decent read, finished within 22 hours), nothing on TV, and not that interested in starting a new character... so I picked up my forgotten Windy Druid that had been struggling through A1 H.

Immediately I found three things that were immensely wrong with how I had been playing with him. 1) He still had an A3 cold merc hired; what a waste. How could I have expected him to survive without a tank?? 2) At lvl 74, I had 105 unused stat points! And 3) his resists are atrocious. This is probably one of the first 1.10 characters I ever made, and I tended to neglect resists throughout 1.09, so it's no surprise to see them so bad. I mean, only one catergory had a positive interger, and two of them were below -50.

Remedies: first, I dumped a bunch of points into Vit. and Str. so he could equip a Stormshield and then not die. His %to block isn't all that great, but the PDR will help anyway. Then I switched out my merc for an A2 HF, but since I'm still running 1.10 his clvl was way too low to continue in Hell. I ended up doing a bunch of exp runs on Eldritch and have gotten him to clvl 66, then threw my etheral Bonehew and the Tal Rasha mask on him; good to go. Sadly, with the exception of cold my resists are still crap-tacular. I think I'll have to do an armor switch and throw the Aldur set on him for resists. I lose a couple +skills and some life, but generally he'll be better off not dying to just a couple ranged undead my vine can't suck up for me.

No car, no excitement, no wonderous news. Think I'm going to have to learn how to drive a standard this weekend so I can make it to work next week; should be loads of fun. And where I live, there are very few flat places to learn 1st gear... I'm gonna be stalling out on every hill that first day, I can already tell...

TrubbaNot

Jun 21, 2005
Midwest US
ElmoCorruptsChildren said:
Think I'm going to have to learn how to drive a standard this weekend so I can make it to work next week; should be loads of fun. And where I live, there are very few flat places to learn 1st gear... I'm gonna be stalling out on every hill that first day, I can already tell...
Trial by fire, but you'll get the hang of it. It is rather nervewracking at first. I had flat places, but it was during a snowstorm (same thing, had to learn so I could get to work; no public transport and no ride from co-workers). Now the car I have is a 5-speed -- you really do get used to it.

Switching to the Direct Draw method allowed me to play for about 20 minutes instead of halting within a minute. I saved and exited rather than getting booted! Hooray! But Direct Draw makes the game run kind of strangely. Not as smoothly. At least it's not crashing (so far). I will stop boring you with the details now. The main point is that I finally got the install to work correctly, and possibly have found a workable solution to be able to play. Looking forward to being able to post about actual characters...

Jun 3, 2004
Bangor, Maine
Trubba, hope you found what you were looking for! (note: Sting reference, can't help it) You've been having problems running D2 for a while, so good luck with your most recent install; can't wait to hear some character updates rather than computer frustrations! :thumbsup: