• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

NM meph farming and levels

condemnation

Nov 29, 2004
my house
NM meph farming and levels

ok, so i play a meteorb sorc who is currently level 60.

i am in act 4 nightmare, moving slowly because i play in only password protected games and do not get rushed.

that being said, i am obviously looking for better gear, so i was planning on MF running NM mephy as soon as i got there. however, i have major problems doing this..... i have a hard time finding the stairs to durance 3, and i constantly get wtfpwned by those stupid undead dolls.

my question is: is this because of my gear, or my level? i currently use a rare staff with +skills, rare mf boots, rare mf ammy, rare mf rings, and a suit of armor i put ptopazes in, as well as a helm with ptopaz in it. like i said, i am level 60.

should i quit bothering with NM meph and instead focus on farming NM diablo? while he is harder as a boss, hes much easier to get to, and i dont have to worry about dying at all on the way there.

what do you guys think?

sshu930

Nov 1, 2003
condemnation said:
ok, so i play a meteorb sorc who is currently level 60.

i am in act 4 nightmare, moving slowly because i play in only password protected games and do not get rushed.

that being said, i am obviously looking for better gear, so i was planning on MF running NM mephy as soon as i got there. however, i have major problems doing this..... i have a hard time finding the stairs to durance 3, and i constantly get wtfpwned by those stupid undead dolls.

my question is: is this because of my gear, or my level? i currently use a rare staff with +skills, rare mf boots, rare mf ammy, rare mf rings, and a suit of armor i put ptopazes in, as well as a helm with ptopaz in it. like i said, i am level 60.

should i quit bothering with NM meph and instead focus on farming NM diablo? while he is harder as a boss, hes much easier to get to, and i dont have to worry about dying at all on the way there.

what do you guys think?

I've been doing nm mpeh for a few days now and at first I had a lot of trouble at lvl 70 with crap gear. I've probably done thousands of runs through the years so I was puzzled at first why I kept dying. The problem was I had no 'fast cast rate' I got a 30 'fcr' and it helped big time. I normally have 8 mana pots at hand so I can just tele all around the edges of the dungeon and I nomally find it fairly quickly. I would not do Diablo runs.

Painman

Jun 22, 2003
Massachusetts
Visit site
I would definitely do Diablo runs if you can handle it. At that level it'll be good exp and you'll find some stuff to boot. You need a lot of mana to tele around the Durance. A lot of folks also emphasize the need for at least 63% FCR, it helps, but I'm casting with less than 63 and I can usually survive the monsters there... 75% block probably has something to do with that, I have a blocker sorc.

For Diablo runs, have some decent resists... you'll get pelted with elemental damage by knights and venom lords all the way through. Always stay alert for your merc getting Iron Maiden cast on him, and teleport him away if he does. Diablo is not that hard to kill, actually. Orb hurts him a lot. Static him down and blast him with it, and keep moving.

AnimeCraze

Jul 13, 2005
Vancouver
63% FCR is important. Spirit sword + stealth armor gives 50+%, get 2 fast cast ring/ammy or a spirit shield. Insight solves mana problems, mostly. Put it in a normal voulge if you have to. I even burned 1 socket reward just for that. I don't exactly like D runs since my merc keep killing himself. A normal voulge insight is enough to kill him in 1 hit when it criticals. My current run methods, to get exp, items, and mostly avoid realm downs: Andy, meph, countress, shank, eldtrich, pindle, and Baal if there are no souls in WSK 2.

To find the stairs, hug the edge of the map and tele clockwise, add in a bit of running if you have to. You should be able to find the stairs within a reasonable of time.