• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

New to Druid: FC Bear - suggestions

deathbyfish

Jul 25, 2005
New to Druid: FC Bear - suggestions

Hello all my fellow druid...ers. I made a wind druid back in 1.10, but since that seems to be what everyone does nowadays, I thought I'd try a Fire Claws Bear. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. After reading some guides, and these forums for a couple days, this is what I came up with:

Str- enough for equip
Dex- base
Vit- rest
Nrg- base

Skills are the one I am COMPLETELY lost on. The obvious:

20 Werebear
20 Lycanthropy
20 Fire Claws
20 Heart of Wolverine

Now I have 1 more skill to max out, or evenly distribute points, but here is what I have left:

Maul
Shockwave
Firestorm (I'd like to get some more fire damage)

What should I do?

**Also I am semi new to Diablo 2: LoD, and if anyone has some druid items (low or high lvl) that they don't need, I'd be glad to take them off your hands. :)

My account name is *sabr**

tmd turka

Aug 2, 2005
Well it does seem that your a bit lost on this build so ill help out some. First if your gonna go for a fireclaws bear i need to remind you that without its synergys the skill is a waste. Second DO NOT GET HOW its a huge waste since ur damage is gonna come from fire and not physical damage. I think you need at least 3 of the synergys for fire claws if your gonna do damage. With that in mind u dont have alot of play with your points. I would put more points into lycanthropy then bear and i would put at least 1 into oak sage. Also there are alot and i mean alot of guides out there for a fire bear so if u look around some im sure you can find one. For reference here is the guide i used to make my fire bear. I liked this build alot but i opted for a rabies druid instead but its more of personal preference.

Hope this helps some
http://www.purediablo.com/guides/news.php?id=548

tmd turka

Aug 2, 2005
omgwtfbbqpwned said:
You don't need 20 in Werebear and Lycanthropy. Pump your Synergies, like tmd turka said.

Nice to agree on things. By the way i didnt mention this before but ..... I suppose you could get HOW for more AR but man the life you get from Oak Sage is real tuff to give up. I already made my thread concerning the rabies druid and though I could use HOW I really think Oak is the better choice. You get lots of life and lets not forget if you need AR so much slap on 2 angelic rings and the angelic amy.

Energy should always be base. =O

Enough Strength for items, like you said.

As for Dexterity, either leave it base, or enough for max block.

My Fire Claws/Rabies (now ruined thanks to Carrion Wind) had max block. Helps with hitting too. I still feel pretty pissed that Rabies damage dropped from 9k to 1.8k over the course of one night. =*(