• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

new to classic 1.10/1.11, need help with sorc PvM rusher^^ <

stoutewolf

Mar 24, 2004
new to classic 1.10/1.11, need help with sorc PvM rusher^^

sorc rusher that can rush till after duriel act2 hell, with 2 or 3 people leeching quests ;p

i used to play classic in 1.09, where i had a tri elemental sorc(orb static thunderstorm firewall), however i find myself struggling now if there is more than 1 player leeching ;s.

in short, i want to know what build you guys advice for boosting through norm, nightmare, and hell till after duri =)

-advice in skills(im guessing dual ele), i'll not go past lvl 85 :)
-advice in min mana needed(pretty much have some gear left thats good(including sojs) since i hate running out of mana (no maphack here, never will ^_^)
-another question: i'm aiming for 70fcr. ofc weapon will be shard, but then? i have a choice between using magefist+2sojs, or frostburn+fcr ring+fcr amu, or bloodfist+fcr ring+fcr amu(kinda need fhr i think, or not?)

thanks for any input ^_^

kingwillie

Jul 28, 2004
NJ
xspeak.net
Nice thread about Duel Elements here

I personally don't like Duel Elements but I agree they are much better for Rushing/Mfing. If I were to choose a Duel Element I would most likely go with a Blizz/Fball which there is a guide for on the link I gave you

stoutewolf

Mar 24, 2004
kingwillie said:
Nice thread about Duel Elements here

I personally don't like Duel Elements but I agree they are much better for Rushing/Mfing. If I were to choose a Duel Element I would most likely go with a Blizz/Fball which there is a guide for on the link I gave you

dang thanks for the link :) it helps me a lot in build choice: blizzball or orbball, both without ES xD, but it seems the 2 are so equal to each other in terms of strenght. it would be nice if someone could come in and say how it works for rushing(referring to act2 hell mainly ofcourse).

also, i happen to have a 2sorc 10fcr 9str with 16 prismatic, which i will use regardless since its the best amu i can think of ;p. should i use soj soj magefist shard amu anyway, and look for fhr in belt/boots/helm?

stoutewolf

Mar 24, 2004
fredsta54 said:
if its just for rushing and not general Pvm an Orb///TS sorc would be your best best.

Fred
you mean with that

max orb
max TS
max light mastery
max telekinesis
1 eneshield
1 warmth
rest coldmastery?

would be eh ~90 skillpoints

correct?

kingwillie

Jul 28, 2004
NJ
xspeak.net
More like:
20 Ice Bolt
20 Orb
20 Cold Mastery
20 TS
20 Lightning Mastery
1 Warmth, Tele, and all that good stuff

Max Ice Bolt last, Orb first, Ts second, Cold Mastery, then Lightning Mastery
Get Warmth and Tele ASAP

Eshield in my opinion isn't great for Rushing

Hope this helps..

stoutewolf

Mar 24, 2004
kingwillie said:
More like:
20 Ice Bolt
20 Orb
20 Cold Mastery
20 TS
20 Lightning Mastery
1 Warmth, Tele, and all that good stuff

Max Ice Bolt last, Orb first, Ts second, Cold Mastery, then Lightning Mastery
Get Warmth and Tele ASAP

Eshield in my opinion isn't great for Rushing

Hope this helps..

thats ~110 skill points you're talking Oo i'm not aiming for the unreachable lvl 99 classic ^_^

i'll cut on the icebolt and on the coldmastery a bit then i guess

~600 mana sounds okay for rushing? if i remember correctly, my LoD sorc had sameish mana with a little lower tele cost there hehe