• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

New HC guy jumping in and saying hi

TheHof

Aug 15, 2005
Denver
New HC guy jumping in and saying hi

Hello,

I just started my first Hardcore character. I'm mostly doing this for the following reasons:

1. SC public games are full of freakin' idiots.
2. The challenge. Why play a game you can't lose?
3. The general increased coolness of hardcore forums.

so.. off goes my little HardcoreHof, my first little hardcore entity that's a skelleton using necromancer. Wish me luck! I really can't wait to get off work to take him past level 12. <G>

I've been watching these forums for tips while working on beating softcore to join up in hardcore, and I wanted to just say thanks for bein' here. The tips in all the threads really helped me so far.

Hof

Valar-Wrath

Jun 9, 2004
*Valar-hc on ehcl
Next post from Hof: "Well, I died." :lol:

But seriously, you will die sometime, we all do. Don't beat yourself up about it and sure as hell don't quit over it.

Welcome to the forums. :clap:

TheHof

Aug 15, 2005
Denver
Valar-Wrath said:
Next post from Hof: "Well, I died." :lol:
But seriously, you will die sometime, we all do. Don't beat yourself up about it and sure as hell don't quit over it.

Heh. I haven't died yet, level 22! I do realize it's a part of the process, and I think I like that. It adds realism, and you're -proud- when you're making it past 10.

Gimme a few days and I'll be posting in the graveyard stickie :)

Yay.

Hof

HelzCaretaker

Feb 11, 2004
HELL
norm is easy enough even w/out starting gear, generally the items you find along the way give you enough in terms of killing/surviving power. NM gets a little bit harder, but until a5 it shouldn't be too hard either. Hell is where hc starts to get harder. Of course I only have a lvl 35 atm cuz I don't feel like playing a lot. Oh and a word of advice, watch out for FE in nm, they hurt like a *****!

Gameplay on NM varies, depending on particular character and equipment, but my general experience is that it's easier and qucker to kill because your skils have increased quite a bit from low levels you had on Normal, but you have to be more careful to stay alive, especially with unique monsters (because of thier extra abilities and resistance penalty). Normal monsters are usually not much more dangerous, than on Normal.
Hell, though, is a place where real hardcore starts.

TheHof

Aug 15, 2005
Denver
Bullet-Tooth Tony said:
Gameplay on NM varies, depending on particular character and equipment, but my general experience is that it's easier and qucker to kill because your skils have increased quite a bit from low levels you had on Normal, but you have to be more careful to stay alive, especially with unique monsters (because of thier extra abilities and resistance penalty). Normal monsters are usually not much more dangerous, than on Normal.
Hell, though, is a place where real hardcore starts.

I can't wait to get to NM. I want to start running Andariel so I can pick up some frostburns, maybe a SoJ.

mmm. Frostburns.

Hof