• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

New Build Idea (pvp viable?)

DevilsWrath

Aug 29, 2004
New Build Idea (pvp viable?)

I was wondering if this kinda build would be pvp viable.

Gear=Same and pvp summoner

Skills
20 Mages
20 Mastery
20 Lower Resist
Rest into skill of choice, maybe skellies

Merc Infinity Polearm, Armor and helm of choice

As you can probably tell this build is based on elemental dmg. The mercs convic and lower resist should drop your enemies resistances considerably, but the only variables are the survivability and damage of the mages. What do u all think?

Pherdnut

Sep 13, 2004
I don't play PvP but I'm guessing no. Even if mage projectiles did enough damage to handle stacked resists (LR and infinity will barely put a dent into a serious PvPers resists, they don't move very fast and are easily avoided. Mages are also a lot easier to kill than warriors. They have roughly 25% of the HP that warriors do. For PvM, check out the Lord of Mages build. Some people swear by it.

DevilsWrath

Aug 29, 2004
well along with this i was thinking of hiring some elemental revives like souls or council members for hydras or maybe even some abyss knights or something, but I dunno it was just an idea. You never know till you try

Sep 26, 2004
San Diego
Pherdnut said:
I don't play PvP but I'm guessing no. Even if mage projectiles did enough damage to handle stacked resists (LR and infinity will barely put a dent into a serious PvPers resists, they don't move very fast and are easily avoided. Mages are also a lot easier to kill than warriors. They have roughly 25% of the HP that warriors do. For PvM, check out the Lord of Mages build. Some people swear by it.
The only way this would work would be with an Enigma, so you'd tele on top of people. So, the speed of the projectiles wouldn't really matter. But, besides that, I doubt mages do enough damage to kill. Even with Lower Resist and Conviction. But if you have the time to waste and the runes to burn on a Conviction, I'd say go for it. Sounds like fun. Personally though, a Might merc w/ Pride, while your Necro holds a Beast and having 10+ skele warriors out would seem a lot more fun. It would just be hard to get enough fcr to reach a good bp for Enigma.