• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

need tech help

jmlowry

Aug 5, 2005
San Antonio, TX
need tech help

Why does my game keep crashing (i just today bought a brand new d2 lod cd and reinstalled) saying something like "d2 unreadable error" And on top of that, i get connection interuppted like every 2 minutes into a game..every time. This just started about an hour ago, and it worked fine all morning. If anyone has any ideas let me know.

Thanks

jmlowry

Aug 5, 2005
San Antonio, TX
i dont. I did however use a d2 loader for a few weeks (thats why i bought a new d2 lod cd today) bc i had lost my cd. but i deleted it and deleted my d2 folder before i reinstalled

mhl12

Jul 3, 2004
USA
ok so make sure you uninstalled all your d2 loader files.

Also, scan for any viruses/trojans that you may have gotten as well.

jmlowry

Aug 5, 2005
San Antonio, TX
why do i get connection interuppted like every 45 seconds into a game...and it doesnt kick me off bnet. I have scanned for virus's and its not that and i have no d2 loader files on my comp....woooow

Orphan

May 23, 2004
I believe the connection interrupted every xx seconds is linked to the game crashing.

The reason I suspect this is because the same thing happened last night to a friend. His game locked up once (the first time in months, and hasn't happened since), and every game he was in thereafter he would always be disconnected every 20-30 seconds, regardless of whether he made or not.

I think it's a problem related to battle.net, with how it handles people who disconnect via game crashing. Although I haven't talked to my friend today, to see if it's fixed, I imagine the only thing you can do is wait it out. Bnet probably still registers your character or key somewhere.

On that note, if you do change characters (o accounts for that matter), do you still get a connection interrupted every xx seconds? My friend was just using a single character, but it would be interesting to know if it's an account thing, or just localised to a single character. I don't believe it's IP related though.

jmlowry

Aug 5, 2005
San Antonio, TX
im using a single char, my ladder char that i just made. Also, i restarted my computer and it didnt do the connec interuppted thing, but i played for about 10 minutes and it did the error thing...

"Unrecoverable internal error" dealing with d2

should i reinstall?

Orphan

May 23, 2004
jmlowry said:
i try deleting my d2 foler and it sais, cannot delete 'bink32w.dll' access is denied...hmm

If your going to try and re-install the game, then go through Control Panel --> Add/Remove programs. Don't just delete the D2 folder.

As for whether a re-install will work, I'm not sure. It might, but if the lock is character or account related then the re-install won't do anything (besides using time, which may solve the problem itself)..

Orphan

May 23, 2004
Well, it could be that the file you mentioned is currently locked by the system. Restart the computer, and then try to delete the folder again.

Otherwise, for now, try to just rename the old D2 directory to something different. Or re-install to a new directory.

SalivaMonster

Feb 6, 2005
Hong Kong
www.xanga.com
It keep happening to me from time to time.

It never happen before 1.11. So I'm 200% its something about 1.11 and not any 3rd party thing.

Few days ago the game keep crashing, with an error message in my window. I have to reinstall the game to fix it.

Last night I mule something, change character for exactly 3 times. Then I got connection interrupted, re-join game and interrupted again at 33rd second. Yes, I count them by the second.

Change character/account/ip address do me no good. I proceed to an internet game centre, log into my account and play for 6 hours. Nothing unusual happen except a few random connection interrupted.

I guess bnet server flag my cd-key or something. There is nothing you can do about it except buy the whole blizzard and order them fix it.

The other option is to wait hours. 12 hours later, I logged into my account in my home computer, haven't been interrupted,

yet.

Good luck.

remember, its the 33rd second.