• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Need some input on my meteorb-sorc

Tvk

Mar 5, 2005
Norway
Need some input on my meteorb-sorc

Hi!

For the new ladder season, I'm currently building a meteorb-sorc, which i will mainly use for mf-ing and rushing. But, I'm a little unsure about which items to use. Here is what I've thought of so far:

Helm: Tal Rasha's Horadric Crest
Weapon: Tal Rasha's Lidless Eye
Shield: Thinking about Stormshield, but the strengthreq. hurts...
Amulet: Tal Rasha's Adjudication
Ring 1: Stone Of Jordan
Ring 2: Stone Of Jordan
Belt: Tal Rasha's Fine Spun Cloth
Armor: Tal Rasha's Guardianship
Gloves: Frostburns, Magefists or Chance Guards?
Boots: War Travelers, or is there any other options i shoud look at?

I'm most unsure about which shield to use. I will go for max blocking, and i mainly thought of Stormshield. Only, it has a strengthreq. of 156, which surely could have been invested elsewhere. So, is there any other good shields out there, wich offer good resists, high block,and posible other useful modifiers?

The skillpoints i will use, are pretty much standard:
20 - Frozen Orb
20 - Meteor
20 - Fire Ball
20 - Fire Mastery
8 - Cold Mastery
1 - Warmth
1 - Static Field
1 - Teleport

The standard setup on the statpoints as well:
Strength: Enough for gear
Dexterty: Enough for max block
Vitality: Everything else
Energy: Base

Any input/tips on how I can improve this build is welcome. :)

Harleyquin

Apr 12, 2005
Sasja's meteororb FAQ has a few suggestions on commonly-used shields. If you want a good block rate, skills and resists an upgraded Visceratuant with a socketed diamond will be a good choice.

MoonUnit

Jul 21, 2004
Phoenix, AZ
If you were going for max block on a tals meteorb sorc i would use Whitstan's Guard; has like 87% ctb for sorc and with some res all charms you should be able to just pdiamond it and have close to max if NOT maxed res in hell.

bah someone beat me while i was searching DOH

eudora

Jun 23, 2003
guys how to upgrade the shield? Also if I have socketed it with pdiamond.. can I still upgrade?

melianor

D3 Wizard Moderator
Nov 13, 2003
Diablo III Hardcore
eudora said:
guys how to upgrade the shield? Also if I have socketed it with pdiamond.. can I still upgrade?

1 Hel Rune + Scroll of Town Portal + Any Socketed Item = Unsocket that item
Warning: This will destroy any gems, runes, or jewels you have socketed. This is useful if you are not happy with the gems you have socketed and you want to socket the item in another way.

1 Ko Rune + 1 Lem Rune + 1 Perfect Diamond + Exceptional Unique Armor = Elite Version of Armor (Ladder Only)
This formula changes the base item type from the exceptional to elite version. For example Ghost Armor is turned into a Dusk Shroud. This does NOT convert the item to the Elite Unique version of the Unique Item. Unique item bonuses remain the same; only the item it's based on is upgraded. This can be used to upgrade Ethereal Items also. They will continue to be Ethereal after they are upgraded. You cannot do this formula unless you are using a Ladder Character. Also if the item is socketed, then jewels or runes and their mods will also remain. Armor refers to any sort of armor, including helms, boots, belts, gloves and shields, not just body armor.

Information taken from Arreat Summit ;)

Wmeredith

Sep 16, 2004
How about a "Rhyme" Shield?

20% Increased Chance of Blocking
40% Faster Block Rate
All Resistances +25
Regenerate Mana 15%
Cannot Be Frozen
50% Extra Gold From Monsters
25% Better Chance Of Getting Magic Items

Looks pretty nice to me.

Harleyquin

Apr 12, 2005
That's exactly what I'm using!:thumbsup: But the choice of shield for blocking is important and rhyme doesn't add anything to skills :(

Wmeredith

Sep 16, 2004
Harleyquin said:
That's exactly what I'm using!:thumbsup: But the choice of shield for blocking is important and rhyme doesn't add anything to skills :(

Well it gives you CBF so you can wear another soj instead of a raven frost. So, it a round-about way, it helps you get +1 skill.