• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Need socket help....

rev129

Nov 17, 2003
All Over
Need socket help....

Where is the best place to find a poleaxe or spear that I can use the socket quest to get 4 sockets so I can make Insight? I'm currently in A1 NM.

Iz-GOod

Jun 22, 2003
Montreal, QC
If I remember correctly, the number of sockets an item can have is directly dependant on its ilvl. This means even if you use the socket quest on let's say a short sword you got in The Den in Normal Difficulty, you'll most likely get one socket. If you need 4 or 5 sockets (whichever it is) on your spear, you might have to wait a bit, I don't know if A1NM items have a high enough ilvl.

I'm sure you can find the answer here on dii.net

MoonUnit

Jul 21, 2004
Phoenix, AZ
Well the easiest to get 4 sok in is either a uhh Voulge, Bill, or Colossus Voulge. However you could try to roll 4 sok w/ cube in cryptic and others.

EDIT: still wondering why yer member name is yellow lol.

SirDooFuss

Jul 18, 2003
Sunny California
rev129 said:
rune Wizard tells me I need: Ral-Tir-Tal-Sol

Is this not correct?

It's correct.

Insight is 4, Obedience is 5.

I've found the best place for sockets/socketable items is Hell Cows.

HOWEVER!!!!
You cannot make Insight from a SPEAR! Only Polearms and Staves.:surprise:

SalivaMonster

Feb 6, 2005
Hong Kong
www.xanga.com
Get a white partizan/bill from Normal Act5, you can be sure to get 4 socket from Larzuk.

BTW insight work only on staff and polearm, so don't waste your rune on spear.

edit:

Upstairs: Thats why he said "almost correct". Its correct as far as insight is concern.

Nov 18, 2004
MD, USA
The circlet type headgear values are off. I believe there might be a problem with some wands too. Ancient Shields are listed twice. The first listing is correct.

bipolar

Jul 7, 2003
SirDooFuss said:
It's correct.

Insight is 4, Obedience is 5.

I've found the best place for sockets/socketable items is Hell Cows.

HOWEVER!!!!
You cannot make Insight from a SPEAR! Only Polearms and Staves.:surprise:

Same holds true for Infinity. I only wish I had known that sooner =\

MickRaider

Banned
Aug 3, 2005
thegiantturtle said:
The circlet type headgear values are off. I believe there might be a problem with some wands too. Ancient Shields are listed twice. The first listing is correct.
It's probably from 1.09 when circlets could only have 1 socket.

SirDooFuss

Jul 18, 2003
Sunny California
bipolar said:
Same holds true for Infinity. I only wish I had known that sooner =\

Tough lesson Bipolar, but a nasty trick by Bliz. Perfectly reasonable to think you can make a runeword like Infinity/obedience/insight out or a spear, but noooOOOoooooo!

MickRaider

Banned
Aug 3, 2005
SirDooFuss said:
Just pick them all up and check them. Even in hell I find one socket crystal swords. :lol:
Ok well that didn't help, maybe I should specify to avoid captain obvious answers.

What act/difficulty will I be in when ilvl 25-39 drops. ilvl is based on mlvl and not clvl iirc?

triple_ultima

Jun 23, 2003
SirDooFuss said:
Tough lesson Bipolar, but a nasty trick by Bliz. Perfectly reasonable to think you can make a runeword like Infinity/obedience/insight out or a spear, but noooOOOoooooo!

Darn you Blizzard, making us read things!

bipolar

Jul 7, 2003
MickRaider said:
Ok well that didn't help, maybe I should specify to avoid captain obvious answers.

What act/difficulty will I be in when ilvl 25-39 drops. ilvl is based on mlvl and not clvl iirc?
You are correct re: ilvl = mlvl.
IIRC, Norm Baal is ilvl 40, so I'd guess all of A5 norm and up.