• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Need Info on Merc

aman

Assassin Moderator
Mar 23, 2005
Scotland
might merc or holy freeze

imo i prefer holyfreeze for crowd control but i guess if you think your damage is low go with might

Aman

MrAndersen

Aug 11, 2005
Denmark
aman said:
might merc or holy freeze

imo i prefer holyfreeze for crowd control but i guess if you think your damage is low go with might

Aman

Can you give me some more details. How du i know witch aura they use ???

MrAndersen

aman

Assassin Moderator
Mar 23, 2005
Scotland
Act 2 nightmare offensive merc's = might merc
Act 2 nightmare defensive merc's = holy freeze merc

Aman

garion

Apr 8, 2005
San Francisco
aman said:
Act 2 nightmare offensive merc's = might merc
Act 2 nightmare defensive merc's = holy freeze merc

Aman

what does the nm combat guy do? lol...

i remeber one of the hell/normal ones is bleesed aim....i think offensive?

schreier

Jun 26, 2003
Columbia, MD
Check out this link:

http://www.theamazonbasin.com/d2/iguides/merc_resource.php

Normal:
Combat Prayer
Defensive Defiance
Offensive Blessed Aim

Nightmare:
Combat Thorns
Defensive Holy Freeze
Offensive Might

Hell:
Combat Prayer
Defensive Defiance
Offensive Blessed Aim

I personally run a cold rogue b/c I figure I'm up front w/ the attacks ... need ranged support. The cold merc can freeze opponents. She does good damage. And I can get fanaticism from her w/ faith

schreier

Daulmakan

Aug 2, 2005
Buenos Aires, Argentina
I prefer the Might merc. You can always use more damage.
Holy Freeze is nice, but I don't find it that useful for 2 reasons:
1. Generally, Zeal gives you the edge in speed you need, so you don't really need monsters to be slowed that much. I don't, at least. Besides, if you're doing some cold damage (charms, weapon, etc.), with zeal going on you'll be chilling those monsters around you already.
2. Holy Freeze will slow most monsters on the screen, but if you don't do decent damage, it won't be that useful, you're merely buying yourself a little more time, and that can be accoplished by running or engaging monsters appropiately. Plus, it won't work against cold immunes, some monsters (frenzytaurs are immune IIRC) or bosses. Might, on the other hand, functions against everyone (excluding PIs of course, which are fewer in number thankfully).