• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Need Help with Summoner

Pougee_au

Jun 29, 2004
Australia
Need Help with Summoner

Hi,

I know this has been done to death. But I'm making a pure summoner with trang ouls, AOKL and Marrowalks

The problem i have is this, I have built two summoner which have both been Poison hybrids wich i must say worked great. But I want to make a pure summoner. I want to max Mages with Skelly Masters

This is for the new ladder and imo these are the toughes pvm chars around.

If i went:
20 Raise Skelly
20 Skelly Masterys
20 Skelly Mage
8 Summon resis

1 all curse and 7 in Lower Resis

1 in CE and Bone Armor

Would the Mage do much damage as in tanking PI monsters. I orignally went my poisoner for this reason. Any imput would be great.

ArmyOfDeath

Jul 5, 2005
Australia
Pougee_au said:
Hi,

I know this has been done to death. But I'm making a pure summoner with trang ouls, AOKL and Marrowalks

The problem i have is this, I have built two summoner which have both been Poison hybrids wich i must say worked great. But I want to make a pure summoner. I want to max Mages with Skelly Masters

This is for the new ladder and imo these are the toughes pvm chars around.

If i went:
20 Raise Skelly
20 Skelly Masterys
20 Skelly Mage
8 Summon resis

1 all curse and 7 in Lower Resis

1 in CE and Bone Armor

Would the Mage do much damage as in tanking PI monsters. I orignally went my poisoner for this reason. Any imput would be great.

1 point in lower resist is enough, and yes mages with lower resist should be able to take out most physical immunes

Pougee_au

Jun 29, 2004
Australia
How effective are they thou, you say most. As in there not really that effective?

Do they drop the monsters health dramatically or take awhile.

Myrakh-2

Jun 23, 2004
flyff.cable.nu
Mages are support troops (poison shuts down monster regeneration, cold does the usual chilling). Vs. hard PIs, and sometimes vs. normal PIs, put Lower Resist on the critters and use your firewalls as well.

Mages aren't the high speed killers, but they get the job done.

Also, don't waste your points by putting more than one point in Summon Resist and Lower Resist. Put more into CE instead: corpse explosion is the main killing spell, so it should have some range at least. Not everyone likes to max it like I do, but 1 point is a little low, even with +skills considered.

Besides, on a pure Skelemancer you do have the skillpoints to max CE.