• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Need help with bva

jibagooz

Apr 27, 2005
australia
Need help with bva

Hi am new to this forum i was hpoing if anyone could help me with my BvA tahnk you ^^

I wanna go base str is thats any good^.^

Following items i have are
Ebotd Cb
mage plate engima
arreats
gore
ss

and i need help with the rest of the gear and any sugesstion on skill points etc ^^ that would be really helpful
once again thank you ^^

amphrosyne

Jul 20, 2005
i would lean towards axes for a bva due to its versatility (e.g. u can dual wield grief and beast etc). i use bvcs not bvas so i wouldnt know the finer details of the equip but i think 2x ravens and highlords for jewelry would be nice.

for skills its pretty basic; max ww, bo, mastery

for bvc i put the rest into leap and some into nat res, inc speed etc dunno about bva

Phyrexial

Jun 23, 2003
forums.diabloii.net
For skills, do what the above poster said: Max WW, BO, and the weapon mastery of choice. The remaining points will be determined by what you want to specialize more in. Leap if you want an edge over casters or Shout if you want to duel more effectively against melee.

For gear, be ready to dual wield if you want any chance at all against a decent caster. The standard is Beast Zerker and another Zerker of your choosing. Other choices to pair with Beast include Grief Zerker, BotD Zerker, and Fury Zerker. Beast can't be made in a sword, so if you decide to stick with your EBotD CB you are going to have less damage/ar on one of your weapons since you can only max mastery for either swords or axes.

jibagooz

Apr 27, 2005
australia
Yeh i think i mite make a BvA can u give me a few tips?. SHould i go base str wat items and skill points if u would tank you ^^

Ce Olba

Banned
Apr 15, 2005
jibagooz said:
Yeh i think i mite make a BvA can u give me a few tips?. SHould i go base str wat items and skill points if u would tank you ^^

You should have as low str as possible, but high enough to use a high def armor (maybe stone dusk?). And Dex enough for block if u are gonna go more melee. And for skills, max WW, max BO, max mastery, max shout, and rest into either Iron skin or Natural resistances, depending on what u want. But ofc u can have:

Imo the best overall:

20 ww
20 bo
20 shout
20 mastery
10 nat res
10 ironskin

This gives you nice resi and nice defense.

Bigrob

Banned
May 20, 2005
????
Ce Olba said:
You should have as low str as possible, but high enough to use a high def armor (maybe stone dusk?). And Dex enough for block if u are gonna go more melee. And for skills, max WW, max BO, max mastery, max shout, and rest into either Iron skin or Natural resistances, depending on what u want. But ofc u can have:

Imo the best overall:

20 ww
20 bo
20 shout
20 mastery
10 nat res
10 ironskin

you wont have that many skill pts, even at lvl 99.

amphrosyne

Jul 20, 2005
Ce Olba said:

Imo the best overall:

20 ww
20 bo
20 shout
20 mastery
10 nat res
10 ironskin

nat res has bad diminishing returns and vs casters, leap would probably be a better choice than iron skin or nat res. never use stone dusk if ur bva, maybe keep a duress or w/e in stash but the primary armors gonna be enigma.

oneBlast

Feb 14, 2004
Poland
jibagooz said:
should i put 300 str 200vit for bvb like bigrobs guide ???or any other suggestions ?

str - 0 or as low as possible
dex - enogh for max block with items (~150base i think)
vita - REST

300str is with items i suppose, ~200-250 is what you'll have with 50base str or so.

Halciet

Jun 26, 2003
Chapel Hill, NC
Visit site
amphrosyne said:
nat res has bad diminishing returns and vs casters, leap would probably be a better choice than iron skin or nat res. never use stone dusk if ur bva, maybe keep a duress or w/e in stash but the primary armors gonna be enigma.

Just pitching support for amp's comments regarding leap and natural resist.

-Hal

Phyrexial

Jun 23, 2003
forums.diabloii.net
jibagooz said:
should i put 300 str 200vit for bvb like bigrobs guide ???or any other suggestions ?
BvB barbs generally have much higher strength than BvA barbs. In BvB duels as I understand it, having more damage > having more life due to the very low chance of hitting both barbs have. However for a BvA more life is king because it allows the barb to be more versatile against many different opponents. This is why most BvB barbs are hitting around 5-5.5k life while doing 6-7k WW damage while BvA barbs have around 6-6.5k life and do around 5.5k-6k WW. BvC barbs have even more life than BvAs since they don't need dex for blocking thus that goes into vita.