• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Need advice for new char.

goldfronts

Jul 15, 2005
Need advice for new char.

Well ... I played xpac for about 2 months and I can honestly say I miss classic more than I expected. I mainly miss that in classic there aren't botters (maybe meph but not as bad as the pindlebotters in xpac) and rare items actually live up to their name. I used to play but I got REALLY lucky in a lot of drops and got to cs well on a decked out hammerdin which was probably the highlight of my d2 playing.

Now back to topic. I'm in need of advice on what kind of char to make since the reset occured and I'm cheat free, looking for a way to find decent gear. I'm really not in favor of fighting for drops in hell cs as when pickit comes out, I probably won't get any drops. I remember hell cows weren't that popular which kinda sucks because they didn't provide as good of xp as you could find in cs. I'm basically looking to start a char that could mf very well in nm until I find hell viable gear so I can quickly run through hell areas and eventually find some "godly" gear.

I can play any char pretty well, I don't really have a preference except whatever the best char will be to play untwinked.

Any help is appreciated.

mhl12

Jul 3, 2004
USA
Go for hammerdin if you are playing untwinked on ladder. The beginning might be tough but just drink lots of blue pots. They can do CS runs really easily.

OkHello

Jul 20, 2005
Netherlands
Yeah Hammerdin is great to start with, mine is lvl 33 now and can clear CS normal with ease. All the items he has are shopped except for his shield (and jewelery obviously) I have a +20% FCR +38% Cold Resist Wand. Some magic armor/helm/boots/gloves/belt/rings/amu with resists and an rare Tower Shield of Deflecting with triple resists. If you cannot find the shield just buy some Tower/Bone Shield of Deflecting (extra mod is always nice)