• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

My poll

Scienceguy

Banned
Jul 27, 2005
New York
My poll

My first character was a MF sorc that i still use to this day....however...my first char doesnt mean its my best exactly, for some reason i maxed fireball and fire mastery (it was good in the original diablo lol)

well i wanna do a mf sorc ... a better stronger one....

what should i max?

....i got 643 mf i think on my sorc....

any suggestions?

GodofWar

Apr 27, 2005
Buffalo NY
If your making a Firesorc then your gonna need to max both of those skills. With MF gear a Fb sorc can get around 7-9k FB dmg (w/o lots of skillers). Your sorceress is just fine that way, but I could just be failing to understand what your trying to say.

Perhaps if you post all of her skills we can figure this out.

Thirty-Thirty

Dec 16, 2004
Germany
If you want to make a new character, make a Blizzard sorceress. I don't think too many will contest their status as the best MF character. That said, it probably isn't necessary. As said, 650% is excessive, and maxed Fireball and Fire Mastery should be plenty, especially with any points in Meteor.

Scienceguy

Banned
Jul 27, 2005
New York
2 - warmth
20 -fireball
20 - fire mastery
20 - frozen orb
12- nova
6- lightning mastery
1- to a bunch of misc sorc skills i thought were needed (not meator)

she wears tals belt armor and ammy...rhyme and war travs...2 nagels chance gaurds and dual ist ali baba .. shako to

GodofWar

Apr 27, 2005
Buffalo NY
Yeah you might wanna rework he if shes got those skills spread out like that. Although your gear is sound, however putting 2ists in an Ali-Baba is IMO a waste.

Scienceguy

Banned
Jul 27, 2005
New York
GodofWar said:
Yeah you might wanna rework he if shes got those skills spread out like that. Although your gear is sound, however putting 2ists in an Ali-Baba is IMO a waste.

i didnt think it was....i thought the idea was getting as much mf as possible....ehhh just hellforge quests anyways....

salvo

Jul 8, 2004
T R I S T R A M D2EXP v1.12 RRM/RWM
Scienceguy said:
2 - warmth
20 -fireball
20 - fire mastery
20 - frozen orb
12- nova
6- lightning mastery
1- to a bunch of misc sorc skills i thought were needed (not meator)

she wears tals belt armor and ammy...rhyme and war travs...2 nagels chance gaurds and dual ist ali baba .. shako to

your build seems ok except the warmth, 1 point is enough, second point is waste. Fireball sorc need high FCR what's yours?

asdfgah

Apr 11, 2005
Gothenburg, Sweden
Scienceguy said:
not that high.... i wanna be able to do pindle and pit runs like crazy......

whats a good build?? wanna trade me a hoz ? :)

A good build would be sasja's meteorb guide, that's the one I followed and it works great. It's good for both pindle and pitruns but personally I'm doing pindleruns faster with a pure blizzard sorc. Meteorb is great for area runs though.

Scienceguy

Banned
Jul 27, 2005
New York
okay what skills should i max? i want the best? you seent he gear i got....

what do you think i should use? ..... lemme know.

like 4instance..... 20- fireball etc.

Jun 3, 2004
Bangor, Maine
The question is: Do you want to rework the sorc you've already got, or are you making a new one?

If it's a new one, I'll reiterate what someone else said when they suggested a Blizzard sorc. I've never used one myself, but they are best suited for MFing as far as I've heard. However, it'd be easier to run the Ancient Tunnels rather than the Pit. Less champions/uniques, but no CIs, unlike the Pit.

Likewise, if you're simply trying to revamp the one you've already got it seems like you've got a potential Ancient Tunnels runner with your maxed Frozen Orb. Speaking from experience, it'll be difficult to clear it any higher than P/3, but it can be done. And... can you not run Pindle now?, 'cause I'd guess you'd be able to wreck him easily enough. Too bad about dumping points into Nova/LM... even more of a waste than the one extra point in Warmth.

Your gear seems fine to me, but if you can drop your MF down to around 400% and gain a good boost to skills to increase your killing speed it'd probably be worth it... but it depends on how adamant you are about getting the most MF you can.

Scienceguy

Banned
Jul 27, 2005
New York
kk.....im remaking...so i want skills i gotta max...thanks for the indepth response!!!

like ... .. 20-fireball
20-fire mastery (not hooked on fire, just using as example)

Kugel

Jul 22, 2003
Slovakia
blizzard sorc is simple :)
max blizzard
max cold master
max ice blast
max ice bolt
1 point telport
1 point static field - for leveling and merc helpin :)
1 point warmth
1 point frozen armor
and the rest goes to glacial spike

Scienceguy

Banned
Jul 27, 2005
New York
Kugel said:
blizzard sorc is simple :)
max blizzard
max cold master
max ice blast
max ice bolt
1 point telport
1 point static field - for leveling and merc helpin :)
1 point warmth
1 point frozen armor
and the rest goes to glacial spike

wow a pure blizzard sorc.....but what about chars immune to cold?

TopHatCat64

Jul 8, 2004
The SPF
Scienceguy said:
wow a pure blizzard sorc.....but what about chars immune to cold?

I just skipped areas with lots of cold immunes, either that or just multiplay. It gets annoying not being able to kill everything but it pays off in the end when you have a stronger attack for specific MF targets.

A pure blizz sorc is great for meph, pindle, and the ancient tunnels.

Also I would max Glacial Spike first over Ice Bolt or Blast.

GS has more tactical use then either bolt or blast since it freezes multiple targets, plus it does more damage.

essojay

Jun 26, 2004
NH
I find it hard to believe that you did hellforge rushes without knowing the skill placements of blizzard or meteorb sorceresses because they're one of the fastest questers in the game and you'd probably need one to rush.

But enough of my crankiness. :lol:

At high levels Glacial Spike does not do more damage than Ice Blast, but GS still has its uses, especially since it freezes multiple targets. Definitely max it over Ice Bolt.