• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

My plan on auradin-- suggestions?

garilario

Feb 24, 2004
My plan on auradin-- suggestions?

After reading those auradin's thread, I think there's still a point that no one covered (or I didn't see it :p ).

It's the Infinity runeword. So here comes my plan:

Skills:
Res Fire -max
Res Lit -max
Salvation -max
Holy Shock or Fire -max

zeal -1?
charge -dunno
holy shield -rest

Equipment
HoJ
Dream Helm
Dragon Armor
>>Dragon or Dream Shield

Stat
Str enough for eq
Dex enough for max block
Vit rest

This way one of the fire/lit damage would be maxed, an merc's holy freeze for crowd control and conviction for more damage and to take care of immune

For the shield selection:
It would go either
Dragon Shield + Holy Fire 14+14+16+20 = lv 64 Holy Fire, 15 Holy Shock
or
Dream Shield + Holy Shock 15+15+20 = lv 50 Holy Shock, 30 Holy Fire
with full syn. and goes up with + skills.

Any suggesting that which way should I go? (Stupid me couldn't find the skill calculator so I don't know the damage and range for each setup)
And any other suggestion?

Zexfer

Jun 8, 2004
If you invest hard points into holy fire or holy shock they will override the item auras when active. In essence they don't stack.

Rane-

Apr 23, 2004
Sydney, Australia
Your own aura will not stack with those granted by items. Therefore it would be wisest to get one aura yourself, and the other through items. I'd suggest using HoJ+Dragon+Dragon to get lvl44 Holy Fire, and maxing out Holy Shock yourself. With some +skills your Shock could end up around lvl30 (lvl40+ if you use charms.) Grab a HF Merc with Infinity and you would surely tear through PvM.