• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

My new Rabies Druid

tmd turka

Aug 2, 2005
My new Rabies Druid

Hi all

Well since the 1.11 patch release I have been playing around with a bunch of new builds. Just started my first Windy Druid and I am now working on a rabies druid. I only decided to make a rabies druid since I have a litttle bit of gear for him to start out with. I am not really sure how to make a good rabies druid since there no longer is a carrion ring bug so please feel free to correct this setup of mine.

Skills
Rabies(max)
Poison Creeper(max)
Lycanthropy (max)
WereWolf (max)
Oak Sage (10 or whatever I have left)

Stats
Strength - 100(aiming for a spirit monarch shield but I can go storm shield if i get the consensus that its the better option)
Dex - Not much enough for Plague Bearer but not enough for max block (getting max block with spirit requires ALOT of dex but I dont know if ill need more to land rabies)
Vit- Rest
Energy- None

Gear (This is just the gear I have so far with the new ladder and all)
Weapon-Plague Bearer (may end up shaeling this)
Shield - Spirit Monarch (this may not be the best shield for this build so im open to suggestions and stat alterations)
Armor - Dont know cant afford bramble and Rain may be fake?
Gloves - Trangs Gloves
Helm - Jalas
Belt - Verdungos
Amy - 3 to shapeshifitng (got angelics too and the rings)
Rings - Raven and Rare resists +strength ring
Boots - Sandstorm

Like I said i only made this build because i found all of this gear and thought a rabies druid would be feasible with all of this. Please feel free to give me suggestions on this. Also if I was to take this char to pvp how am i supposed to catch casters and should I try to get minionss. I know feral rage is an option for catching people due to the speed but I dont know if it will work.

Thanks

Day

Jun 16, 2004
Hi there - a few thoughts (pvm only as I don't pvp).

I've never really understood why people max werewolf? The IAS is nice but its increases tail off quickly - after that there is extra ar and runspeed (which are also nice) but is it worth skill points? You have good gear so I would have thought you'd be able to get the ar elsewhere eg charms, Demon Limb etc? I think with plus skills and with an eye on the breakpoints 1 point might be enough. As far as I can tell serious pvp's use teleport so run speed won't help (much)?

Also seems to me that having applied the Rabies using Plague Bearer you should switch weapons and skills whilst its working. So I'd take the points from Werewolf and stick them in Fury and have something big 2 handed and hurty on switch (upped ribcracker would be nice for pvm).

I would use any plus skills shield to aply the Rabies (is Splendour the cheap shield with plus 2 skills).?

I'd also put points to get a 1 point bear as a second tank (depends on your playstyle).

Personally I hate Oak Sage it seems to die so ofton and your health yo-yos up and down! Prefer HOW instead - but that's personal prefernce!

Cheers.

tmd turka

Aug 2, 2005
Day said:
Hi there - a few thoughts (pvm only as I don't pvp).

I've never really understood why people max werewolf? The IAS is nice but its increases tail off quickly - after that there is extra ar and runspeed (which are also nice) but is it worth skill points? You have good gear so I would have thought you'd be able to get the ar elsewhere eg charms, Demon Limb etc? I think with plus skills and with an eye on the breakpoints 1 point might be enough. As far as I can tell serious pvp's use teleport so run speed won't help (much)?

Also seems to me that having applied the Rabies using Plague Bearer you should switch weapons and skills whilst its working. So I'd take the points from Werewolf and stick them in Fury and have something big 2 handed and hurty on switch (upped ribcracker would be nice for pvm).

I would use any plus skills shield to aply the Rabies (is Splendour the cheap shield with plus 2 skills).?

I'd also put points to get a 1 point bear as a second tank (depends on your playstyle).

Personally I hate Oak Sage it seems to die so ofton and your health yo-yos up and down! Prefer HOW instead - but that's personal prefernce!

Cheers.

Well I appreciate the response but this doesnt answer much if any of my questions. First a rabies druid has no need for HOW since most of my damage comes from poison, HOW would be usless and Oak Sage tho fragile gives a huge life bonus. I need somone to tell me if Rain works and if i should use spirit or not. I am now going to give my druid summons so he will have his own little minion shield. By the way u cant use enigma in werewolf form so its not that necessary. I can put points into fury but it will be rather weak. I could also just let my minons finish off my opponents health since they will only have to hit him once if my poison did enough damage (or god forbid run away and let my opponent die from the poison). Also it may not be necessary to deposit as many points into werewolf and if I did not max this skill i suppose i could put the rest into fury or feral rage. I still dont know how im going to catch casters.

xpumafangx

Jul 20, 2003
In a big box standing by a box
Visit site
HotW may lack in damage but it makes up in ar.

Engima has great things about it other then teleport. Plus 2 to all skills, 40% run/walk, +% to life, +str per level, and dr%. Teleport isn't all ways that useful really. Exp in melee dueling. Honestly who need teleport in less its to move around.

Summons are nice but remaber people can leech off of them.

Use spirit sheild if you plan on using a high str or have it from plus to str, 156 can be alot. It is the only sheild that gives plus 2 to all skills I belive. Use one of the others if you don't like the fact that you will loose out in life.