• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

My new Rabies Druid

tmd turka

Aug 2, 2005
My new Rabies Druid

Hi all

Well since the 1.11 patch release I have been playing around with a bunch of new builds. Just started my first Windy Druid and I am now working on a rabies druid. I only decided to make a rabies druid since I have a litttle bit of gear for him to start out with. I am not really sure how to make a good rabies druid since there no longer is a carrion ring bug so please feel free to correct this setup of mine.

Skills
Rabies(max)
Poison Creeper(max)
Lycanthropy (max)
WereWolf (max)
Oak Sage (10 or whatever I have left)

Stats
Strength - 100(aiming for a spirit monarch shield but I can go storm shield if i get the consensus that its the better option)
Dex - Not much enough for Plague Bearer but not enough for max block (getting max block with spirit requires ALOT of dex but I dont know if ill need more to land rabies)
Vit- Rest
Energy- None

Gear (This is just the gear I have so far with the new ladder and all)
Weapon-Plague Bearer (may end up shaeling this)
Shield - Spirit Monarch (this may not be the best shield for this build so im open to suggestions and stat alterations)
Armor - Rain (the new runeword +2skills is ok since i dont have bramble)
Gloves - Trangs Gloves
Helm - Jalas
Belt - Verdungos
Amy - 3 to shapeshifitng (got angelics too and the rings)
Rings - Raven and Rare resists +strength ring
Boots - Sandstorm

Like I said i only made this build because i found all of this gear and thought a rabies druid would be feasible with all of this. Please feel free to give me suggestions on this. Also if I was to take this char to pvp how am i supposed to catch casters and should I try to get minionss. I know feral rage is an option for catching people due to the speed but I dont know if it will work.

Thanks

tmd turka

Aug 2, 2005
Rain may be a fake runeword so now i dont know what armor to give this build since i cant afford bramble. I didnt make the runeword yet to test it but I do have the pieces to make it. Dont want to waste good runes so can someone tell me if this is fake and if so what armor could i use in its place.

Kathos

May 9, 2005
Tasmania
hiya i just want you to know i made 2 of these new runewords and they worked if u meen proof contact me on

~sleeping_soul