• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

My new chara

aman

Assassin Moderator
Mar 23, 2005
Scotland
My new chara

I did start a fishymancer but i got bored of him.

Now i was thinking of making a sorc just for nightmare meph so i could gather some items for a new character.

I will have to pretty much play without any items and just use what i find. Would it be worth talking the sorc all the way to hell or just use her as a meph runner

Also whats greater at the mid level range meteor/orb or a pure blizz sorc just for nm meph

Any help would be great

Aman

Sidhe

Jan 18, 2004
Right here
Out of my own experience i'd say go for the Meter/FO sorc. She will do very well for NM Meph, better than the Blizzy sorc anyway, as Blizzies only have one Skill Tree and the main spell is not that easy to aim on Meph, and timered at that. Furthermore she can go completely without twinking, or even nekkid (well, not for MFing, but for pure gameplay she can) and if you ever decide to go on toward Hell difficulty, she will actually have a chance to succeed. So gogo on the MeteOrb! :)

San

Jul 15, 2004
Finland
Sidhe said:
Out of my own experience i'd say go for the Meter/FO sorc. She will do very well for NM Meph, better than the Blizzy sorc anyway, as Blizzies only have one Skill Tree and the main spell is not that easy to aim on Meph, and timered at that. Furthermore she can go completely without twinking, or even nekkid (well, not for MFing, but for pure gameplay she can) and if you ever decide to go on toward Hell difficulty, she will actually have a chance to succeed. So gogo on the MeteOrb! :)
Blizzard is indeed hard to aim... if you're blind :rolleyes: Besides, the timer gives you time to dodge/tele from under those blue balls of death/lightnings/charged bolts.

seige

Oct 24, 2004
Tassie
aman said:
I did start a fishymancer but i got bored of him.

Now i was thinking of making a sorc just for nightmare meph so i could gather some items for a new character.

I will have to pretty much play without any items and just use what i find. Would it be worth talking the sorc all the way to hell or just use her as a meph runner

Also whats greater at the mid level range meteor/orb or a pure blizz sorc just for nm meph

Any help would be great

Aman

I may be somewhat biased as to what you say but I think you should keep going with your Fishymancer. They are not item dependant and may even be somewhat slow in certain Mf areas but they do make great MF'ers Clicky
You can load up on mf and quite easily run NM Mephisto for good items to get you through the game or even for graille items if you are starting one.
I have found Viper Magi amongs others with no MF at all. So If you load up with MF you can see he benefits :)
IMO I would say stay with your Fishy, find a decent NM Mephisto map, it may take a few re rolls, load up with MF and reap the benefits for your other characters. As I said I'm biased. A Fishy is about my limit at the moment :D

- Jas :howdy:

aman

Assassin Moderator
Mar 23, 2005
Scotland
Thx for all the replies guys

Quick OT question whats a grail? (if it's a long answer just give me a link or tell me where to look :thumbsup: )

Is it like collecting every item in the game?

Thx

Aman

Sidhe

Jan 18, 2004
Right here
San said:
Blizzard is indeed hard to aim... if you're blind :rolleyes:

Nah, not hard to aim, but FO is still easier. So is MeteOrb. Anyway, as i said, personal opinion/own experience: i didn't like Mephing with my Blizzy, all the 5 times i tried ;) But i did like my MeteOrbress, and she at least was able to cruise to Hell as well (if Aman decides to give that a try after all)

aman

Assassin Moderator
Mar 23, 2005
Scotland
I did have a good meteor/orb on the realms and did try blizzard im still undecided i am thinking going back to my fishy but i don't know :lol:

I guess i will run nm meph with whoever i try

Aman