• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

My game didn't save?!?

Squix

Jun 23, 2003
Visit site
My game didn't save?!?

I just left my game after playing ~2hrs. I gained a few lvls (to 26), beat Meph, Diablo and the first 2 act5 quests. I was quite happy with the drops I got off Diablo... 3 of them were good upgrades for me to use. I "Save and Exit"ed the game quite a bit stronger than I entered it. Then I go to join an Ancients killing game... and start up in Act 3... at lvl 23!

What happened? Is there anything I can do, or anyone I can email to get back the proper saved char? It's kind of painful losing all that work and my 2 best items so far on the new ladder :(

USWest Ladder SC

keithano

Aug 2, 2005
Macau
www.fotop.net
Squix said:
I just left my game after playing ~2hrs. I gained a few lvls (to 26), beat Meph, Diablo and the first 2 act5 quests. I was quite happy with the drops I got off Diablo... 3 of them were good upgrades for me to use. I "Save and Exit"ed the game quite a bit stronger than I entered it. Then I go to join an Ancients killing game... and start up in Act 3... at lvl 23!

What happened? Is there anything I can do, or anyone I can email to get back the proper saved char? It's kind of painful losing all that work and my 2 best items so far on the new ladder :(

USWest Ladder SC

Sorry to hear that , but it seems it's quite impossible to get back as the server has the record of ur character at lvl 23 , and that's it. It's probably due to the rollback of server accidentally? or?

Squix

Jun 23, 2003
Visit site
Damn... I really don't want to go through all the exact same work again. I really earned those items too... soloing Diablo was quite an ordeal! Maybe I can get a rush to Act5, but so much for getting the nice drops :(

Bad Bug Blizzard!

Orphan

May 23, 2004
Was this very recently (as in, maybe an hour ago or something?). Was it just me, or was the realms very laggy awhile ago? When I noticed that it took me 20 minutes to just make a game, I just exited bnet and came back later on. It might have something to do with what you experienced...

Squix

Jun 23, 2003
Visit site
It was quite laggy a while back, during the earlier part of the game, but when the game was made and when I left, I didn't notice any connection problems :/ Luckily I had durance 2 wp... now on to act 4 :(

dang79

Feb 18, 2004
Squix said:
It was quite laggy a while back, during the earlier part of the game, but when the game was made and when I left, I didn't notice any connection problems :/ Luckily I had durance 2 wp... now on to act 4 :(

For me BNET has been laggy ever since the patch. Last night I got lagged out of my Forgotten sands game with a connection interrupted. Too bad for me the game had not been open for 5 minutes, I lost that game. I think I will wait 5 minutes for games to perm before ever opening another Uportal.