• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

my frenzy barb sucks

Aug 3, 2005
my frenzy barb sucks

i mean its level 24 now and i thought it'd be good when i got frenzy cause i had hard time killing things with just double swing... but no luck, frenzy is actually SLOWER than double swing :( i know my weapons suck but im on ladder so i cant really do anything (2 1 handed axes that do 20 max damage)

any suggestions?

jumbo_SHRIMP

Jun 23, 2003
try to get goblin toes, they are pretty cheap and give a nice 25% crushing blow, additionally you can make strength(amn + tir) axes which also give crushing blow (another 25%)
also, keep all the elemental damage charms that you find, as they will add damage to both weapons, which is really helpful.

additionally, there are set like death (gloves + sash) which can be had for a few gems usually, and sigons gaunts/belt or helmet give a nice ias bonus and are also found quite a bit, and thus rather cheap.

Hang in there, beginnig of ladder is never easy, especially for melee chars, but like the other guys said, get a few levels(you can do baal runs in 1 level) and you will get a lot better very quickly...keep your eyes peeled for amns and 2 socket axes and youll be whoopin in no time

phelix

rykuss

Banned
Aug 15, 2004
Running the deserts of Athas.
Kill the countess a few times and get yourself some crappy runes. Turn those crappy runes into some decent starter runewords. I busted my hump to be able to run her in the first place to be sure. I started out with plain weapons found along the way, then i went through several rare swords i found or gambled. I ended up with one with % to cast amp damage and one that had LL on it. I started running the countess and made two steel swords and a stealth armor. I finally got her to drop enough runes so i could cube up an eth rune and finished a malice sword which i swapped out for one of the steel swords. I made a nadir helm too. :lol:

I found a ML ammy and if i ever get a LL ring look out world! Yeah it sucks being a melee char right now.

Omikron8

Jun 28, 2003
Put your fastest weapon (i am not talking about words like "very fast", i am talking about base speeds of weapons, check www.battle.net/diablo2exp/items) in your right hand. This will dictate the speed of your frenzy as the speed of the weapon in your other hand will not matter as much.