• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

My first "self-made" Patriarch: Hooray the necro <

abarlament

Aug 4, 2005
WV
My first "self-made" Patriarch: Hooray the necro

Hey everyone, I'm very excited, I have my first non-rushed Patriarch, my Fishymancer Hooray :) I'll do the stat thing like all the other Pat threads I've seen:

Hooray
lvl 82 Fishymancer

str 101
vit 334
dex 25
eng 25

life 1069
mana 649

Equiptment:
Full Trang's set
Ume's Lament
+1 all Necro skills, +6 mana amulet
+** mana, +16 energy ring
Doom Coil ring, +5 life, +5 mana, +5% lightning resits, 19% MF
Tearhaunch boots
bunch of +life charms, a few MFSC

Merc Emilio
Guillame's Face
Atma's Wail
Pierre Tombale (at the moment, % to curse on other pole's got annoying)

Anyways, I played all of normal on players 8, NM was a mix of players 1/2, 4, and 8. Hell was all players 1. Most annoying areas were Arcane Sanctuary and Maggot Lair, in all difficulties. Other than that, he cruised fairly well. Didn't have good equipment until his mid levels, around 40 or so. When I outfitted him with Trang's he started mowing stuff down (er... his skellies, merc, and CE did).

I have about 20 or 21 unused skill points I'm deciding where to go. Maybe a bone spell, like spear or spirit, and get Lower Resists. That reminds me, SKILLS!

Skills
20 Raise Skeleton
20 Skeletal Mastery
1 in all summoning spells except Fire Golem

1 Teeth
20 CE

1 in all prerequisites for Decrepify
1 in Decrepify
1 in the one that blinds things

And that's about it! I'm pretty excited, now I'm gonna use him to do Hell Cows, Meph, and Baal runs. Oh yea, gloam's suck!

ElVingador

Jun 30, 2005
Fortaleza, Brazil
Congratulations! :D

By the way, if you are in need of a better amulet I can give you this:

Corruption Eye
Amulet
Required Level: 73
Item Version: 1.10 Expansion
Item Level: 91
Fingerprint: 0x14e6f19c
+11 to Maximum Stamina
Lightning Resist +33%
Adds 1-4 fire damage
6% Life stolen per hit
+2 to Necromancer Skill Levels

It can be very useful if you are planning to MF in the Worldstone Keep (yes, those gloams DO suck).

kazh

Hi, :)
Congrats on your Patriarch! I myself am building a Fishymancer too...probably today will enter hell...he's lvl 73 right now...

Hm, I really recommend to you a point into Attract (hm, if you mean this one as the skill that blinds things, sorry...). In my first fishymancer, I thought it wouldn't be so useful, but it really IS.

Otherwise, gogogo!!! Pit or Pindle runs? :p

[]s

abarlament

Aug 4, 2005
WV
ElVingadore, what do you want for the amulet?

Thanks everyone!

kazh, I've just been doing a bit of everything. With my MF gear on my resists are in the negatives, so I die very easily, my merc dies all the time now. Anyways, I've been killing the usuals (Hell Meph, Pindle, Pit) without my MF stuff on. I can't even GET to Hell Baal, as Lister and the Minions pwn my summons and merc really hard because there's nothing to CE when they're out. Any suggestions? I have 22 free skill points, should I max Spear?

Anyways, Pit has yet to give me anything worth keeping. Maybe I should go back to NM and do Meph? Hell Pindle runs are very easy as long as my merc doesn't get mass-charged and die right away, the Pit is extremely easy too. I have a question, what about the pit right by the Flayer Jungle WP in Hell, the Swampy Pit?

Jake_b74

Jul 5, 2003
oregon
Good job man! Fishys are fun!! i just got my untwinked assassin into act 3 last night, level 78! The "Going" is slowing :p !!!

ehertlein

Mar 14, 2004
Las Vegas, NV
increment.cx
Man where do people find all this equipment? I keep seeing posts where people are like "When I hit 40 I threw on my <insert elite set of gear>." My mid 80s fishy hasn't seen one piece of Trangs armor in his entire life.

abarlament

Aug 4, 2005
WV
Good work with your sin man, untwinked is hard. It's weird, I really want to get all the good gear for my dudes, but I see tons of people all proud of going "untwinked." I guess it comes full circle huh?

bill_n_opus

Apr 10, 2004
GVRD baby!
ehertlein said:
Man where do people find all this equipment? I keep seeing posts where people are like "When I hit 40 I threw on my <insert elite set of gear>." My mid 80s fishy hasn't seen one piece of Trangs armor in his entire life.

Some people are lucky ... some people twink out ... some people MF like crazy (like I did) ... congrats.

abarlament

Aug 4, 2005
WV
ehertlein said:

LOL that's how I feel too. Actually, I bought one set of Trang's here for some Pgems, and also had a thread posted in another forum and a bud gave me one for free, I've also found a few pieces. They also gave me some nice poles, Hwanin's stuff, and some jewelry. Anyways, I actually *have* found some stuff myself though :) There's lots of tips on "starting up" or whatever though. If you want some stuff I can give you something from my limited collection (you know, keep the circle going).