• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

My experience doing Tristram with ww druid

oscarmk1

Jun 24, 2003
My experience doing Tristram with ww druid

Well,

After defeating uber izzy and uber duriel by myself in a rather easy way, i got the help of a smiter to do Tristram, as we opened the portal portal he boed me, and i charged mephisto, i must say that he died so fast it wasnt even funny, then right away i charged diablo and when he was about to die, my friend joined me on the killing (he had just finished baal), and well diablo died about 2 seconds after that. We didnt die at all, and we did it in less than 5 minutes.
I must say i didnt even use life tap, i just used feral rage which gave me 144 life leech, yeah i did put 18 points into it ee. The life leech was working better than life tap in my opinion it was just insane, that combined with a shael shael zod eth tomb reaver which allows me to do 11 k damage and 6/4 frames was just insane, hence they died hella fast. The rest of my equipment is jalals mane, ik gloves, verdungos, gore riders, highlords and fortitude. As a reward i got a 3/20/12 necro, that is up for trade btw for a druid one ^^

SPIDERfrank

Jun 24, 2003
US East Realm
Visit site
oscarmk1 said:
Well,

After defeating uber izzy and uber duriel by myself in a rather easy way, i got the help of a smiter to do Tristram, as we opened the portal portal he boed me, and i charged mephisto, i must say that he died so fast it wasnt even funny, then right away i charged diablo and when he was about to die, my friend joined me on the killing (he had just finished baal), and well diablo died about 2 seconds after that. We didnt die at all, and we did it in less than 5 minutes.
I must say i didnt even use life tap, i just used feral rage which gave me 144 life leech, yeah i did put 18 points into it ee. The life leech was working better than life tap in my opinion it was just insane, that combined with a shael shael zod eth tomb reaver which allows me to do 11 k damage and 6/4 frames was just insane, hence they died hella fast. The rest of my equipment is jalals mane, ik gloves, verdungos, gore riders, highlords and fortitude. As a reward i got a 3/20/12 necro, that is up for trade btw for a druid one ^^

Few questions, for I am preparing myself to make a WW druid, capable of being a good party player as well as a good solo tank:

1. Do you have anything socketed into your Jalal's Mane? I'm contemplating Um rune or a 40/15 jewel.
2. I was planning on wearing a Fortitude too, but do you think a Chains of Honor would be the same calibur? Or are the bonuses from the Fortitude just so much better?
3. Do you have an extra eth Tomb Reaver? Just kidding. I have a regular, 3 socketed one with 2 Shaels already in it...what should my last socket have put in it?
4. Do you have a switch weapon? I would be thinking of using something like Griswald's Cadecus and Shael'ed Storm Shield.
5. What sage did you use? Did it die often or did it work out fine? Which of the 2 main ones would you recommend?
6. Does prebuffing before shape shifting into a druid help a lot? For example, leaving a Spirit sword and shield, 2 BK rings, +3 Shape Shifting Amulet, etc. in your chest, then taking them off after you shift help a lot?
7. Which rings do you wear?
8. Do you have a mercenary as well?

Sorry for the Q&A, but I'm just a Druid noobie trying to figure out what would be best for my wolf. I appreciate the help!!!

oscarmk1

Jun 24, 2003
SPIDERfrank said:
Few questions, for I am preparing myself to make a WW druid, capable of being a good party player as well as a good solo tank:

1. Do you have anything socketed into your Jalal's Mane? I'm contemplating Um rune or a 40/15 jewel.
2. I was planning on wearing a Fortitude too, but do you think a Chains of Honor would be the same calibur? Or are the bonuses from the Fortitude just so much better?
3. Do you have an extra eth Tomb Reaver? Just kidding. I have a regular, 3 socketed one with 2 Shaels already in it...what should my last socket have put in it?
4. Do you have a switch weapon? I would be thinking of using something like Griswald's Cadecus and Shael'ed Storm Shield.
5. What sage did you use? Did it die often or did it work out fine? Which of the 2 main ones would you recommend?
6. Does prebuffing before shape shifting into a druid help a lot? For example, leaving a Spirit sword and shield, 2 BK rings, +3 Shape Shifting Amulet, etc. in your chest, then taking them off after you shift help a lot?
7. Which rings do you wear?
8. Do you have a mercenary as well?

Sorry for the Q&A, but I'm just a Druid noobie trying to figure out what would be best for my wolf. I appreciate the help!!!
1)Well at the moment i dont have anything socketed in the jalals mane, but i will socket um rune.
2)Imo fortitude is just wayy too good
3)I would put ed
4)Yes thats what i have on my switch but i killed em 2 handed
5)Oak sake but yeah it died very often so i stoped recasting it tt.
6)Yes it does but i didnt do it.
7)Natures peace and raven frost
8)Nope

Well in stats its basically enough str to hold equipment and max block (even though i want to handed), rest into vit.