• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

My boner-mancer build

Aug 12, 2005
My boner-mancer build

Untwinked:

20 Teeth
20 Bone Spear
20 Bone Spirit
20 Bone Wall
Remaining Pts in Bone Prison

Teeth Damage

31(level 20 teeth) * 1300%(synergies) = 403 per teeth or 8463 total teeth damage

Bone Spear Damage

218(level 20 bone spear) * 660%(synergies) = 1438.8 per spear

Bone Spirit Damage

413(level 20 bone spirit) * 560%(synergies) = 2395.4 per spirit

Aug 12, 2005
LieutenantDoom said:
Untwinked:

20 Teeth
20 Bone Spear
20 Bone Spirit
20 Bone Wall
Remaining Pts in Bone Prison

Teeth Damage

31(level 20 teeth) * 1300%(synergies) = 403 per teeth or 8463 total teeth damage

Bone Spear Damage

218(level 20 bone spear) * 660%(synergies) = 1438.8 per spear

Bone Spirit Damage

413(level 20 bone spirit) * 560%(synergies) = 2395.4 per spirit

My physicals

At level 100 I will have 500 stat points to spend.

+100 Strength
+0 Dexerity
+200 Vitality
+200 Energy

Which gives me

550 Raw Life
400 Raw Mana

Aug 12, 2005
h0nkeythecracker said:
Good luck w/ level 100.

On average what is a level 100 player's maximum HP they can attain? Lets say a barbarian.

Also whats the max resistance to both elements, as well as magic damage reduction?

Gix

Apr 2, 2005
New York
Thanks for the thread restating what every other bonemancer is already doing and what is already in the bonemancer guide.

Max character level is 99.

You can't ask a question like "What is the max hp a character can obtain?" because that depends on many factors such a gear, charms, the weather, and the mood of your character.

There are more than 2 elements.

-Gix

Aug 12, 2005
Does bone spear have infinite range? In PvP duels, I spam bonespear when they are several screens away (since I have 640x480 resolution because my computer sucks), and as soon as they are closing in, I fire bone spirits to keep them running.

That brings up to another question. There be rumors that all necro bone spell only do 1/6th of the magic damage stated in the game, due to a PvP balance penalty. Is that be true?

Mad Mantis

D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator
Jun 24, 2003
In a cave
Visit site
LieutenantDoom said:
Does bone spear have infinite range? In PvP duels, I spam bonespear when they are several screens away (since I have 640x480 resolution because my computer sucks), and as soon as they are closing in, I fire bone spirits to keep them running.

That brings up to another question. There be rumors that all necro bone spell only do 1/6th of the magic damage stated in the game, due to a PvP balance penalty. Is that be true?

All attacks have the 17% PvP penalty. It just comes with the territory. Spear doesn’t have infinity range. I forget the max range, but it won’t keep going forever.

Aug 12, 2005
Do necros have issues in Hell difficulty? I just got my level 74 necromancer into hell mode, but after maxing out almost all of my synergies, and despite dealing magic damage, many monsters in Act 1 are tough nuts to crack.

Often I had to spam bone prison to keep them contained and from killing me so I can fire bone spirits. I do about 1500-2000 magic damage.

Crowd control becomes a big issue to me now.

Meanwhile, those lowly summoners seem to breeze through hell with relative ease.

Mad Mantis

D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator
Jun 24, 2003
In a cave
Visit site
LieutenantDoom said:
Often I had to spam bone prison to keep them contained and from killing me so I can fire bone spirits. I do about 1500-2000 magic damage.

How’s your FCR? Proper FCR makes things easier for Bonemancers.

AnimeCraze

Jul 13, 2005
Vancouver
FCR can be obtained from some runewords. Spirit and stealth (recently found to like this for untwinked) are easy enough to make. Stat points have a few things to consider too. You get 98 * 5 + 15 stat points. You don't get stat points for lvl 1, and 99 is the max lvl. There are 15 points from the Tome Quest. Also, lvl 99 is almost impossible to attain within any reasonable time.

One last thing, don't ever call a summoner lowly, they are godly. It's one of the best untwinked builds, among with a sorc.

Edit: Use your CE if you aren't doing so already. It's a 1 point wonder which you already have for pre-reqs.

Edit 2: Isn't 200 energy a bit excessive? Or do you need that much more mana for a bone nec than a sorc? Never build a bone nec myself, so I don't know too much about this one. I just know for a sorc, lvl 1 warmth and insight solves all the problems, pvm wise. :lol:

Go with 60 energy. You gain 2 mana per level and rejuves/mana pots are enough. Also, just use insight runeword, if you equip it (Instead of on your merc) you get the 35% fcr.

You probably want some points in dex to have nice blocking since necros get a bad exchange for life. You can also use bone armor since you got 20 in wall and more in prison.

Aug 12, 2005
My level 73 Necro has around 165+ Mana. Even then, I keep running out of juice after a certain time, at which I must build myself a cardboard fort from bones to keep myself alive and make a townportal.

Grimes

Jun 20, 2005
Yeah AnimeCraze is wright summoners are great and i never see them as lowly, employ a clay golem to tank and take hits wont need that many points if you can get some prebuff golem gear and that insight idea is great put on your merc i would personally say but this is all my opinium also get a tank merc...i dont play boners anymore but i can remember playing one a long long time ago, i rember him now he was called Melhack and used a light saber and trang armour heh that was when i didnt know much bout diablo but a melee/bone hybrid is soooooooo cool