• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

mfing baal in hell

mumbles

Aug 12, 2005
London
mfing baal in hell

hi i used to play way back in 1.09 and a little after 1.1 came out but stopped soon after and now have just started playing again :D
since i didnt play much of 1.1 and none of 1.11 i don't know how much the game has changed what with the games increased difficulty...
i was wondering if a sorceress could effectively solo baal for mf in hell. could i achieve this with a lightning/orb build?
and can baal still drop any item in the game?
thx for any replies :)

Morannon

Aug 30, 2003
Stockholm, Sweden
mumbles said:
hi i used to play way back in 1.09 and a little after 1.1 came out but stopped soon after and now have just started playing again :D
since i didnt play much of 1.1 and none of 1.11 i don't know how much the game has changed what with the games increased difficulty...
i was wondering if a sorceress could effectively solo baal for mf in hell. could i achieve this with a lightning/orb build?

http://www.purediablo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=376771

GotFriana

Jul 13, 2005
Argentina
mumbles said:

Yes a sorc can solo all the game, and again yes you can achieve it with a lightining/FO sorc. Personally I ve done it with a meteorb sorc and with a chain lightining/orb sorc. Both are effective however I think chainlightining/orb is much better for act 5 because you will find lots of cold inmunes everywhere and chainlightining is a quicker spell than meteor.
As for mfing baal I think he s a bit too much trouble considering there are much easier areas where you can find almost all the same items he could drop and the enemies are MUCH weaker, not to mention you will get very nice exp while doing so. Level 85 areas like The Pits in Tamohe are probably the most used for mfing appart from bosses. And of course both meteorb and lightining/orb are very good for this runs.

sword

Aug 6, 2005
I wouldn't recommend doing baal for MF because of one thing -> the chance for black souls to spawn on either of the keep levels and personally murder you. I'd suggest doing things like the pit, the mausoleum, mephisto, pindleskin, ancient tunnels, other super uniques etc. to MF things. All of those places, in hell, drop very good items (go for the unique boss mobs for the best drops). Unfortunately, these places don't always guarantee you the items you want at one per run. A lot of the runs might be nooby items. The experience is not that bad though :uhhuh: .

mumbles

Aug 12, 2005
London
thank you for the replies...
i wanted to know if i can solo baal because of the items he can drop. ie winforce, gf blade, tal rasha armour. i dont like to do pindle runs because the returns arent good ie. the drops of uniques arent as good as baal. so if other places are as good can you recommend them as well.
thank you

AnimeCraze

Jul 13, 2005
Vancouver
GotFriana said:
Yes a sorc can solo all the game, and again yes you can achieve it with a lightining/FO sorc. Personally I ve done it with a meteorb sorc and with a chain lightining/orb sorc. Both are effective however I think chainlightining/orb is much better for act 5 because you will find lots of cold inmunes everywhere and chainlightining is a quicker spell than meteor.
As for mfing baal I think he s a bit too much trouble considering there are much easier areas where you can find almost all the same items he could drop and the enemies are MUCH weaker, not to mention you will get very nice exp while doing so. Level 85 areas like The Pits in Tamohe are probably the most used for mfing appart from bosses. And of course both meteorb and lightining/orb are very good for this runs.

You use your fireball as well. And I am quite sure fireball + meteor together kills boss faster than lightning with not a lot of +skills.

GotFriana

Jul 13, 2005
Argentina
AnimeCraze said:
You use your fireball as well. And I am quite sure fireball + meteor together kills boss faster than lightning with not a lot of +skills.

hmmm I prefer orb for bosses in both cases Meteorb and CL/FO.

AnimeCraze

Jul 13, 2005
Vancouver
mumbles said:
i wanted to know if i can solo baal because of the items he can drop. ie winforce, gf blade, tal rasha armour. i dont like to do pindle runs because the returns arent good ie. the drops of uniques arent as good as baal. so if other places are as good can you recommend them as well.
thank you

You forgot the exp given by him and his pets.

phool

Apr 27, 2005
uk
mumbles said:
i dont like to do pindle runs because the returns arent good ie. the drops of uniques arent as good as baal

A baal run takes 4 minutes, probably more, 2.5 at very least, whereas a pindle run takes at most 30 seconds (I use a barb for pindle runs however, for find item). In terms of items/unit time... I consider Pindle the winner.