• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Meterorb Sorc Synergies Question

burton

Banned
Oct 18, 2004
Meterorb Sorc Synergies Question

I am making an MF meteorb sorc. Right when I started making this char I kind of messed up and put 5 points into firebolt. She's about lvl 40 now and I was wondering if I should start over on her. I am planning on maxing orb, meteor, fire mastery, fireball, 8pts cold mastery. I thought I could maybe just stick with my current char and go 5 pts firebolt and 15 pts fire mastery. How big of a difference will this make end game, say around 85 or so? The gear I use is skullders, shako, raven/nagel, occy, SS, goldwrap, war travs, (undecided on gloves: should I use frostburn, magefist, or chancies?) Also, should I invest in energy and how much? thanks

Harleyquin

Apr 12, 2005
It's okay to put 5 points into firebolt since most meterorbs aim for lvl 17 cold mastery to get -100% cold resistance. Because of your skill investment your gear should aim for at least +5 to all skills/cold skills to get cold mastery to the desired level. Apart from that try to max out fireball, meteor and fire mastery as far as you can by the 80s

Melbourne

Jul 18, 2004
Melbourne, Australia
The first meteorb sorc that i made i did exactly what you did and to be honest it's not the end of the world. Even with your 5 points in firebolt you will still max the build of 20 FM, 20 FB, 20 meteor, 20 Orb, 8 CM in the low 90's. Even at 85 you will barely notice the difference (You will have slightly lower meteorb damage). However I think what you will find is that your gear may let you down in your speed of killing. You've obviously gone for the high MF route but I can't help but recommend that you consider Tal's set. Not only will you get a fair ammount of MF but also far superior killing speed and FCR.

Your current gear only gives you 30% FCR which will be terribly slow for both teleporting and spamming fireball. If you were to go with this gear

Full tals
SS
Raven + Soj
War travs
Magefist

You would have a healthly 70% FCR, good resists and be able to MF just about anywhere. Just my opinion but to me Tal's is the best equipment for a meteorb sorc (Unless you really wanna go all out :D ). I think it would be an idea to read the guide "The truth about Tal's set" which is stickied in the sorc library.

Gl with the meteorber (Best all-round sorc :))

burton

Banned
Oct 18, 2004
Melbourne said:
The first meteorb sorc that i made i did exactly what you did and to be honest it's not the end of the world. Even with your 5 points in firebolt you will still max the build of 20 FM, 20 FB, 20 meteor, 20 Orb, 8 CM in the low 90's. Even at 85 you will barely notice the difference (You will have slightly lower meteorb damage). However I think what you will find is that your gear may let you down in your speed of killing. You've obviously gone for the high MF route but I can't help but recommend that you consider Tal's set. Not only will you get a fair ammount of MF but also far superior killing speed and FCR.

Your current gear only gives you 30% FCR which will be terribly slow for both teleporting and spamming fireball. If you were to go with this gear

Full tals
SS
Raven + Soj
War travs
Magefist

You would have a healthly 70% FCR, good resists and be able to MF just about anywhere. Just my opinion but to me Tal's is the best equipment for a meteorb sorc (Unless you really wanna go all out :D ). I think it would be an idea to read the guide "The truth about Tal's set" which is stickied in the sorc library.

Gl with the meteorber (Best all-round sorc :))

Alright, thanks. I think I'll take your advice and go with tal's. What does full tals go for non-ladder (USEast sc)?

lonnie913

Sep 25, 2003
Visit site
another good option is partial tals with uniques sprinkled in:

tals armor
tals ammy
tals belt
harlequin crest
oculus
whatever shield
whatever rings (i like soj and ravenfrost)
war travelers
chance guards

also im an advocate of maxing FO first and worrying about the fire spell afterwards. FO makes nightmare a breeze.