• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Meteorb tweaked for Fball as main attack.

Shaven Monkee

May 27, 2005
On your back!
Meteorb tweaked for Fball as main attack.

With the new ladder reset, my wife is building a new Tals Meteorb sorc.
She tends to use FB more than Meteor.

I have followed the most recent Meteorb guide and it is mentioned that if you find yourself using FB more over than Meteor you should invest some in F.Bolt and less in FM.

I wanna know who much I should take from F.Mastery to invest in F.Bolt?

SeP.OWNZ

Jun 23, 2003
Ok. I had the EXACT same sorc back in hardcore before she died. She was lvl 89 I believe, full tals, stormshield, and Meteorb but using FB more because its faster. I invested in fire bolt because of the more damage that makes them drop dead faster. Personally I think the masteries should just be taken care of with 5 point and +skill items.

ArcOlixter

Oct 14, 2004
Outside the Beltway
Put about the same number of points in Fire Mastery as Fire Bolt to maximize Fire Ball damage. Here's the results from a Skill calculator (assuming +9 to sorc skills):

Fire Bolt 20
Fire Ball 20
Meteor 20
Fire Mastery 1
= 4859 max FBall Damage

Fire Bolt 1
Fire Ball 20
Meteor 20
Fire Mastery 20
= 4900 max FBall Damage

Fire Bolt 10
Fire Ball 20
Meteor 20
Fire Mastery 10
= 5078 max FBall Damage

Shaven Monkee

May 27, 2005
On your back!
ArcOlixter said:
Put about the same number of points in Fire Mastery as Fire Bolt to maximize Fire Ball damage. Here's the results from a Skill calculator (assuming +9 to sorc skills):

Fire Bolt 20
Fire Ball 20
Meteor 20
Fire Mastery 1
= 4859 max FBall Damage

Fire Bolt 1
Fire Ball 20
Meteor 20
Fire Mastery 20
= 4900 max FBall Damage

Fire Bolt 10
Fire Ball 20
Meteor 20
Fire Mastery 10
= 5078 max FBall Damage

Awesome, that is exactly what I was lookin for! You rock!

Shaven Monkee

May 27, 2005
On your back!
yelopen said:
Wait, isn't fireball already the main attack on a meteorb sorc? Orb is backup and meteor is for bosses...

Well ya, that's the way I play, but she likes to spam it more than anythin else. So I simply wanna maximize her damage to fit her play style.
She is gettin good at Tele'n to bosses and Static'n them and then FB'n them to oblivion.

AnimeCraze

Jul 13, 2005
Vancouver
You should use BOTH fireball and meteor. With that in mind, I think the calculation should be based on 2~3 fireball + 1 meteor, instead of simply fireball. That would change the figures a bit.

Edit: Using a skill calculator, it seems that you still should not max fire mastery, but it leans towards it more. Enough that it is not going to make much of a difference, I think. :lol: (you can of course set it up as an equation and solve for it using calculus :clap: , just kidding, but it works better than just some skill calculator)