• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

merc for meteorb

miroba

Jan 23, 2005
cali
www.myspace.com
merc for meteorb

so i was wondering
what would be a better mercanary for a meteorb sorceress. My two options would be (act 2 of course) holy freeze, or defiance. Holy freeze is obviously invaluable for the freeze aura, but i thought, i already have orb to freeze everything, and i can use the extra defense, since the sorc is very very fragile. but the meteorb guide said that holy freeze is better defense and it even freezes cold immunes.
can i have some other peoples input, and personal experiences on which would be better?

Epsilon Eyez

Feb 17, 2005
Cally Fahnia
awesome.atspace.org
So far, I've been using Defiance for many of my characters. It helps reduce chance of being hit by a lot for my sorc in Hell, but she still dies the same. Holy Freeze would be very valuable for cold immunes, since the main reason to use Frozen Orb is not only the high damage for low skill points, but also for the massive, enduring freeze area and time.

miroba

Jan 23, 2005
cali
www.myspace.com
Epsilon Eyez said:
So far, I've been using Defiance for many of my characters. It helps reduce chance of being hit by a lot for my sorc in Hell, but she still dies the same. Holy Freeze would be very valuable for cold immunes, since the main reason to use Frozen Orb is not only the high damage for low skill points, but also for the massive, enduring freeze area and time.

hmmm... how does she die the same?
she dies less?
i have another question.
does the orb, and holy freeze have a percentage which by the enemy is slowed... like how decripfy slows the enemy by 50%
how much does orb and holy freeze slow the enemies?

Painman

Jun 22, 2003
Massachusetts
Visit site
The first time you run into an extra fast, cold immune boss pack in Hell, you'll be glad you picked the Holy Freeze merc. Also, for a meteorber, it gets a lot easier to set up meteor attacks when everything is chilled. Defense also becomes less of an issue when everything is slowed down, but you still have to worry about missile attacks. Not so much for yourself if you're a block sorc, but your merc will get torn to shreds by packs of archers with auras. Lots of benefits with HF, not too many liabilities.