• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Meditation question

F1R3STR1D3R

Oct 13, 2003
Palm Coast, Florida
Meditation question

Prayer: +1 Life Healed Every 2 Seconds Per Prayer level
Does this synergy work with a prayer mercenary, because I see my life regenerate fast even though my merc doesn't have prayer activated at the time

melianor

D3 Wizard Moderator
Nov 13, 2003
Diablo III Hardcore
F1R3STR1D3R said:
This is crazy this also adds with prayer for a 40+ life/sec and 600+% mana regen!

This seems to be the new Sorceress tank then :) Gotta try it out.
Maybe we can now put less points into Vitality and put it elsewhere, whereever that might be though?

40 Life/s is crazy. Makes Sorceress rather unkillable in PvM.

F1R3STR1D3R

Oct 13, 2003
Palm Coast, Florida
Well I tested with a friend in pvp and its 18 life per 1.5 seconds (about) with just meditation on and then 42 life per 1.5 seconds (about) with meditation and prayer. He is a level 77 prayer merc from normal so he has a level 18 prayer. But I don't get why its 42 when they are added together? This works especially well on a high ES sorc. I'm 70% right now, and I can never die in PvM!

skytouch

Aug 4, 2005
toronto
hi there,

which merc is the prayer one?

in norm - when i bought a def merc in a2.. i think it was defiance..

also - meditation is from the new runeword? havne't been on d2 for a long while.. so i'm not too familiar with the new runewords yet :) thnx

technokale

Jul 14, 2005
Is this better than having an act2 nm holy freeze merc? i have lvl 17 med on an insight and am lvl 89, would a high lvl prayer merc make insane life regen for me and my party??

Also: would it be best to hire a norm combat merc and lvl him, or just hire one in hell?

F1R3STR1D3R

Oct 13, 2003
Palm Coast, Florida

AnimeCraze

Jul 13, 2005
Vancouver
melianor said:
This seems to be the new Sorceress tank then :) Gotta try it out.
Maybe we can now put less points into Vitality and put it elsewhere, whereever that might be though?

40 Life/s is crazy. Makes Sorceress rather unkillable in PvM.

Not completely unkillable, but allows you to ignore most of the damage done to you while teleing. :lol: And you can always hide in a corner for 30 seconds and your life will be full.

Edit: This actually does get me killed once in a while, simply because I think "No need to drink pot yet, my life will come back. Just wait." Then I get killed. :bonk:

technokale

Jul 14, 2005
F1R3STR1D3R said:
It's better to hire him in normal and train him. Level 18 max meditation with normal merc, level 16 max meditation with hell merc.

Heres the difference:
http://www.theamazonbasin.com/d2/forums/index.php?showtopic=36551&st=4
http://www.theamazonbasin.com/d2/forums/index.php?showtopic=36551&st=9

I don't know about you but I'd rather have a prayer merc with meditation rather than a holy freeze because I'm a cold sorceress already

Yea i'm an orb/bliz that uses glacial spike to freeze, its not like he freezes anything more than i do. Except i think holy freeze slows those demon lord t hings with the frenzy axes, but this prayer thing is VERY attractive.

hittitian

Jul 5, 2003
I still prefer defiance merc trained from normal. With very plain gears like tal's helm and 600-700 def armor, tanking ability of this merc is just amazing. With those on, hf merc and other mercs can get easily killed or beg for rejvs very often when tanking meph, but defiance merc survives well with just a single healing pot or two.

This looked very impressive compared to when I was hiring a hf merc in ladder season 2. Of course, when better gears are available in a few weeks, there will be not much difference among them (e.g., eth gaze+ethe elite insight+2k def stone/upped umed shaft).

FinalBout

May 31, 2004
When you hire a merc from norm and ur already a high lvl, arent they simliar to ur lvl? Correct me if im wrong.

GotFriana

Jul 13, 2005
Argentina
I was intrigued with this thread and wanted to try it but in 1.11 it is no longer possible to switch for a low lvl mercenary, being lvl 77 I only had the option to hire mercs around my lvl even in normal act2.
The problem with that is that according to the tables a merc hired at that lvl will not get a lvl 18 aura, the maximun lvl d be 16. I didnt run the calcs (too lazy for that) but I guess the regen rate etc d not be as good.

So in order to see this at its full effect the best is to start with a new char and lvl with the merc. (Unless that has been changed too and mercs are all the same now that you can hire them at any lvl in any difficulty... but nothing has been said about that).

tuexk

Jun 23, 2003
atomicboards.com
Based on the char from amazon basin what level you purchase him/her at is irrelevant. Only the difficulty matters, so buying a lvl 79 Combat Guard from act 2 normal should be just as good as buying a lvl 20 and leveling him to 79.

Now, Blizzard may have altered the table so Hell and Normal mercs use the same chart (either one, most likely the normal one). I'm at work so I can't test this, (and have a new char/account [expired, didn't play after 1.10 came out]... anyone willing to give me a few Sol runes? [US East Ladder]) Oh course I only ask so I can test this out. :uhhuh:

I think the days of training you merc are over. However, I have nothing more than those tables and Blizzard's lazyness to support me.

F1R3STR1D3R

Oct 13, 2003
Palm Coast, Florida
I just looked at Arreat Summit and it says this for cleansing and meditation now:
Prayer: same as having Prayer active without mana cost

It used to say:
Prayer: +1 life regeneration per level

So a level 18 prayer synergized with meditation would add +21 life per interval instead of +18. Not a big difference.

But my question is if you have cleansing and meditation synergied with prayer will the synergies stack?

But too bad there is no items with cleansing when equipped that I know of

Venrae

Feb 15, 2005
Maine
they haven't patched it.... and someone tested it and came up with it being 40life/s .... so despite what arreat says it should still be 40life/s..... right?

F1R3STR1D3R

Oct 13, 2003
Palm Coast, Florida
Yes, I tested it and came up with 42 life per interval (2 seconds) +21 from prayer and +21 from synergized meditation. I'm asking what would happen if you added cleansing to that?