• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

maxing skills order effect on synergies

supremebob

Jul 26, 2005
maxing skills order effect on synergies

Hello,

I was just wondering if maxing skills in a particuliar order can influence the end result in terms of absolute damage.

E.g. A lightning trapper wich maxed cbs then LS and finally DS, or
LS then DS " " cbs

If you could clarify the effect(if any) of such decisions on recpective spells, I would be grateful.

Regards,

Robert

RTB

Jun 21, 2003
Dimension of Numbers
As long as the synergy bonus is the same, then it doesn't matter which synergy you max first. But you might want to take a closer look which synergy you'll be using beside LS and max it first.

Underdawg

Jul 4, 2005
W
I think what you are trying to say is this.

You are currently thinking that let's say Lightning Sentry.

20 Points Lightning Sentry
20 Points Charged Bolt Sentry

Lvl 20 Lightning Sentry Base Damage (No CBS Synergy Yet): 1-389

Lvl 20 Lightning Sentry Damage With CBS Synergy: 1-1142

Total Synergy Numbers: 240% (20 Points In Charged Bolt Sentry)

If you add points into another synergy the synergy does not increase the 1-1142 rather the base damage of Lightning Sentry: 1-389. So the new example would be:

20 Points Lightning Sentry
20 Points Charged Bolt Sentry
20 Points Death Sentry

Lvl 20 Lightning Sentry Damage With Both Synergies: 5-1821

If the Death Sentry Synergy was applied to the 1-1142 the damage would be enormous somthing like 5-4000+. The synergies stack, they do not synergize each other (does that make sense)?

I hope my numbers are right.

supremebob

Jul 26, 2005
Ok thanks, I was just wondering because I once saw:" If you choose bone spear max it first, else max sprit first." I see that often in guides in the recommended skill progression and I thought it had an effect, but this cleared it out.

In truth, you don't have to wait for higher lvl skills before putting points in lower ones since only the base damage is taken into consideration, is that correct?