• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

max block or max vita for a windy druid?

luis19

Mar 28, 2004
max block owns, if you have godly gear the life difference is like only 1k life (6k vs 7k).

-Ferro-

Jun 25, 2003
Around my PC, actually.
Visit site
Well, try to get at least 65-70% block minimum, 75% the better. Use as many dex from ites as u can (one raven, shadow dancers, ring/ammy with dex, eld stormshield, etc...). This can save you up to 130 dex invested. Then, when dueling sorcs, necros, whatever char where block is not needed, u can change for sojs and other items with life.

For fhr, go for 64% for most of the duels. When dueling others windys, trappers or spaming FB sorcs, 99% is better and worths it, IMO.

For the fcr, 99% is the mark you need in every duel. A must, more importtant then having the last fhr break.

May 12, 2005
Toronto
-Ferro- said:
Well, try to get at least 65-70% block minimum, 75% the better. Use as many dex from ites as u can (one raven, shadow dancers, ring/ammy with dex, eld stormshield, etc...). This can save you up to 130 dex invested. Then, when dueling sorcs, necros, whatever char where block is not needed, u can change for sojs and other items with life.

For fhr, go for 64% for most of the duels. When dueling others windys, trappers or spaming FB sorcs, 99% is better and worths it, IMO.

For the fcr, 99% is the mark you need in every duel. A must, more importtant then having the last fhr break.
thank you very much

ninamysm

Sep 12, 2004
luis19 said:
max block owns, if you have godly gear the life difference is like only 1k life (6k vs 7k).

your numbers are false.

and without aa in 1.11 block is no longer needed period, any good player should know that.

Choson

Banned
Jul 1, 2005
Canada
-Ferro- said:

The only two things I see right in this post are the bp's don't use dex items always have 99 fhr max block and 99 fcr in the same setup like luis said its only a 1k life difference. Heres a setup that I use and it works:

Shael Jalas
Ring Mail Enigma
2x Sojs
Rare Stat boots with 20fhr
Magefist
Hoto
Ber SS
Arach
20fcr ammy with str life mana
9x gcs anni torch u can get more fhr here
rest 20 life sc or fhr needed for bp

this setup gives 50 pdr 99 fcr 99 fhr and if you go max block with good gcs you can go any where from 4.5 to 6k life not to bad

ninamysm

Sep 12, 2004
Again, block is not needed, it gimps your build, the only, and I repeat ONLY reason you would even go for block was because of a program called auto aim.

DO not listen to these people, I am one of the best druids on useast period.

Message *L8z to duel me, my druid pluto will destroy you dvd.

Choson said:
The only two things I see right in this post are the bp's don't use dex items always have 99 fhr max block and 99 fcr in the same setup like luis said its only a 1k life difference. Heres a setup that I use and it works:

Shael Jalas
Ring Mail Enigma
2x Sojs
Rare Stat boots with 20fhr
Magefist
Hoto
Ber SS
Arach
20fcr ammy with str life mana
9x gcs anni torch u can get more fhr here
rest 20 life sc or fhr needed for bp

this setup gives 50 pdr 99 fcr 99 fhr and if you go max block with good gcs you can go any where from 4.5 to 6k life not to bad

Godz Deathz

Banned
Jul 25, 2005
usa
ninamysm said:
Again, block is not needed, it gimps your build, the only, and I repeat ONLY reason you would even go for block was because of a program called auto aim.

DO not listen to these people, I am one of the best druids on useast period.

Message *L8z to duel me, my druid pluto will destroy you dvd.

sorry, but block isnt needed for dvd anyway (maybe some godly shifters)
maybe if u read a bit more, you would see that this build is intended for pubby duels, not specific dvc

that means against, but not limited too
chargers
barbs
zons
melee/ww sins

besides, you only have 18 posts, so why should we listen to you....

Oct 18, 2004
Asianland
www.profitablesin.tk
163/99 FCR/FHR bp's are fun to break with a Windy. Ofcourse, I basically lose 75% of my duels with a full vita max DR Windys with atleast 99% FCR, but its still much fun to be able to catch up to most sorcs + necs.

You'd be surprised at how much Barbs I own with only 8% DR + full vita, and with 163 FCR 10 frame tele, I can get out of their namelock tele in time + spam Tornadoes.

Shael'ed 08 Valk + Imps + Spider + HoTo + 2 FHR Ele GC's + 5% FHR SC + 35% Spirit Monarch + Wizzies (yes I'm ashamed... :( ) = 175% FCR / 99% FHR. Sometimes, I'll switch 08 Valk to Shael'ed Jalal's, lose dual SoJs + Mara's and wear FCR Rings / Ammy. Very fun to duel Smiters which seem to be number one dueler on many people's minds these days lately. :rolleyes:
luis19 said:
By "godly", do you mean like 9x 45 Lifer Ele GC's? because I only have 5K life total with all the bonuses and stuff... Max Block + 6K... -.-? woAH. :worship:
ninamysm said:
your numbers are false.

and without aa in 1.11 block is no longer needed period, any good player should know that.
You're saying this, because many Windies relied heavily on teleing right on top of players to attack? Just because there is no more AA, doesn't mean you can't go max block. Some people like you and I, enjoy teleing around Barbs crazy, sniping off their life tornado by tornado, slowly waiting for them to screw up and run into a whole bunch of em, or some people just may want to get 5K Life + Max DR + Max Block and remain stationary and spam 6.5K Tornadoes while they tank the Barb. If such should happen, I'd think the Druid would easily win unless the Barb had also Max DR + 6K Life.

Davie.

Nov 23, 2004
New York
Dennis ur crazy Barbs > druids. And if you doubt the guy why not msg him for duels and see if he actually knows what he's talking about. Just because he has 19 posts doesnt mean he doesnt know anything about windies, 1.10 and 1.11 have been out for a long time.

Oct 18, 2004
Asianland
www.profitablesin.tk
Davie. said:
Dennis ur crazy Barbs > druids. And if you doubt the guy why not msg him for duels and see if he actually knows what he's talking about. Just because he has 19 posts doesnt mean he doesnt know anything about windies, 1.10 and 1.11 have been out for a long time.
First, I never pointed out of his postcount ever in anywhere in my reply, and I've never made any assumptions on him regarding on his postcount. Hey, I had a pc of 3 at once too. ;)

The way I see it, decent Barb < good Windy

This is how I duel against Barbs if you don't believe me.

1. Barb's running + teleing at you. Cast once or twice in his direction, but mostly your back + sides. I can guarantee that no Barb in his right mind will just walk right up to a spamming Windy + WW, and 90% of them swerve to the side, or if BvC, Leap + tele just behind Windy. This case, atleast you've got him eating couple of your Tornadoes before he starts eating you.

2. Avoid full frontal WW assault. If non block / low DR, you can have some severe loss of life if a Barb manages a full good WW line right on / beside you, and good ones can get you in a deadly air tight WW triangle lock. Always try to walk / tele out of this, I usually have no problem with this if you have decent FCR + FHR.

3. I can easily out tele a BvC unless if he's broken the 3x bp for fcr, but that usually* results into loss of Raven Frost so... hey if he's willing to be chilled with Hurricane, fine with me. BvB's will run straight at you, and BvC's will Leap + tele on you, so I just use #1 tactics against them. Against BvA's, I tele around a bit, quite annoying for them. They will soon try namelock tele you, but this is how to counter that. You spam Tornadoes in one place, and with mad fcr you can get a nice line of Tornadoes that if any foes just jumped in, they'd almost meet instant death. Then, when Barb gets near you, spam 1 or 2 toward him, and he'll most likely namelock tele you like all BvA's do, but I'm ready for that and I tele in the line of Nadoes I have casted. Therefor, Barb will tele in, WW, and die. :rolleyes:

Lyrs

Jul 15, 2003
Visit site
yep, namelocking a druid will often end up killing a barb, but anyway, some barbs won't namelock but simply tele to a spot near you and proceed to triangle ww.

sometimes when i get bored, i simply tele and zerk. no block = dead. :eek: i take a few hits but meh, live dangerously.