• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Maphack Exposed Mules?

SirDooFuss

Jul 18, 2003
Sunny California
Maphack Exposed Mules?

My only concern regarding the mapHACK bannings with a couple of accounts I've used for mule trades. If the people I traded with and opened the mules on their end used mapHACK, then those mule accounts might be gone. I'll check tonight, but even if they're gone... it's worth it!

GG Blizzard!!!:clap:

ZygFryD

Oct 1, 2004
Chicago
SirDooFuss said:
My only concern regarding the mapHACK bannings with a couple of accounts I've used for mule trades. If the people I traded with and opened the mules on their end used mapHACK, then those mule accounts might be gone. I'll check tonight, but even if they're gone... it's worth it!

GG Blizzard!!!:clap:

I dont get the point of this post, but I can tell you this: Easymap just screwed a lot of people. I can remember in the beginning people said that it was clean so everyone downloaded it, then they say that it was backdoored so there was widespread panic and people going nuts trying to uninstall it and change their accounts' passwords, but it turns out that Easymap was actually a sneaky little program made by Blizzard to see who was using maphack and get that people baaned. Good job Blizzard!!! You got us this time, but unless you have a new and wonderous way to deal with the massive dupping that is going to happen in a few weeks, you just slowed it by four days.

mxxerr

Dec 26, 2004
ZygFryD said:
Good job Blizzard!!! You got us this time, but unless you have a new and wonderous way to deal with the massive dupping that is going to happen in a few weeks, you just slowed it by four days.

This is just a rumor. If blizzard what to send a troyjan, they could just use an item like SOH, they don't have to put it in MH.

SirDooFuss

Jul 18, 2003
Sunny California
ZygFryD said:
I dont get the point of this post...

My point is that a couple of my accounts might be lost/closed because I gave access to those accounts to others for mule trades. Those other traders may have used mapHACK.

And, even if I've lost them, I'm still doin the happy dance!:clap:

ToadKiller

Jun 23, 2003
Limbo, CA
Visit site
ZygFryD said:
Good job Blizzard!!! You got us this time, but unless you have a new and wonderous way to deal with the massive dupping that is going to happen in a few weeks, you just slowed it by four days.

I'll take 4 days.

Heck, I was amazed when Blizzard did the 1.11 patch. I was even more amazed when people complained about it :) I mean, it came out of nowhere: no one I know thought there'd be a patch after 1.10.

And a ladder re-set is always great fun. I wish they'd do it more often.

TK

AnimeCraze

Jul 13, 2005
Vancouver
mxxerr said:
This is just a rumor. If blizzard what to send a troyjan, they could just use an item like SOH, they don't have to put it in MH.

How? SOH is a piece of data, not code. Data cannot be executed and do actual work.

superdave

Mar 14, 2004
please don't ban me.
www.abbasite.com
SirDooFuss said:
My point is that a couple of my accounts might be lost/closed because I gave access to those accounts to others for mule trades. Those other traders may have used mapHACK.

And, even if I've lost them, I'm still doin the happy dance!:clap:
this is a good point...i had a character that i let a friend use(until i saw he was using maphack) i wonder if that account is gone? either way i'll join in your happy dance.

triple_ultima

Jun 23, 2003
ZygFryD said:
I dont get the point of this post, but I can tell you this: Easymap just screwed a lot of people. I can remember in the beginning people said that it was clean so everyone downloaded it, then they say that it was backdoored so there was widespread panic and people going nuts trying to uninstall it and change their accounts' passwords, but it turns out that Easymap was actually a sneaky little program made by Blizzard to see who was using maphack and get that people baaned. Good job Blizzard!!! You got us this time, but unless you have a new and wonderous way to deal with the massive dupping that is going to happen in a few weeks, you just slowed it by four days.

Shut up and quit it with the Blizzard hate/conspiracy theory crap. Using a maphack is clearly in violation of their ToS, and since you agree to this by installing and playing the game on Battle.net, you have no right to complain about it.

ZygFryD

Oct 1, 2004
Chicago
triple_ultima said:
Shut up and quit it with the Blizzard hate/conspiracy theory crap. Using a maphack is clearly in violation of their ToS, and since you agree to this by installing and playing the game on Battle.net, you have no right to complain about it.

First off, you are a rude piece of s***. Second, I was not f***ing complaining about anything, I was actually happy because Blizzard finally decided to do something about mh. Third: Thanks for pointing the abious... Is it really against the Terms of Aggreement to use third's party porgrams??? No way!!! Finally, thank you for your uberly enlighten post, I don not know how we could had done it without you.

SirDooFuss: I am assuming that you only have 1 cd-key for both D2 and D2:LoD. If this is true, and you are able to log in Battle.net, then your mule accounts where not banned or deleted.

Gorny

Banned
Sep 9, 2003
ZygFryD said:
First off, you are a rude piece of s***. Second, I was not f***ing complaining about anything, I was actually happy because Blizzard finally decided to do something about mh. Third: Thanks for pointing the abious... Is it really against the Terms of Aggreement to use third's party porgrams??? No way!!! Finally, thank you for your uberly enlighten post, I don not know how we could had done it without you.

SirDooFuss: I am assuming that you only have 1 cd-key for both D2 and D2:LoD. If this is true, and you are able to log in Battle.net, then your mule accounts where not banned or deleted.

Post like that again and I will ban you.

Freezing Rain

May 25, 2005
ZygFryD said:

Umm.. No, actually netter created easymap, and he stole alot of accounts/cdkeys before with another bot that he created. Blizzard has nothing to do with him, keep your conspiracies to yourself.

Angel_Dusted

Aug 29, 2004
Israel
ZygFryD said:
First off, you are a rude piece of s***.

Did anyone else sense irony?

Kireiray said:
Umm.. No, actually netter created easymap, and he stole alot of accounts/cdkeys before with another bot that he created. Blizzard has nothing to do with him, keep your conspiracies to yourself.

There's a reason that he's known as "Netter the Thief".