• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Lvl 96 already on USWest....yawn

Fearlessone

Jul 28, 2003
UsWestsc
Lvl 96 already on USWest....yawn

Yep. Some hammerdin. Some of us cant join games yet but it says these people are in a game when u do a /whois on them. I sure hope I can join a game before there is a lvl 99....

Does any of this sound familiar?

HardyTarget

Apr 14, 2005
Where the best items are
Fearlessone said:
Yep. Some hammerdin. Some of us cant join games yet but it says these people are in a game when u do a /whois on them. I sure hope I can join a game before there is a lvl 99....

What are you talking about?
Ladder has yet to reset, and I assume they reset all at the same time, otherwise some other realm would have an advantage :D
I got just disconnected from bnet, hopefully the last time before the reset :p

Senor Bezeer

Mar 5, 2005
Fearlessone said:

:lol::lol::lol: OH my goodness, I cant help but laugh. It takes weeks to reach 99, I have no idea what your talking about. The ladder isn't reset. :lol:

Fearlessone

Jul 28, 2003
UsWestsc
15 Min of fame, for free...

Valdabyryn said:
Welcome to D2, by the way.
Thank you. The reset took about half an hour. During that time odd things show up on the ladder. What I just posted was posted several times over on the "Official Ladder Reset Thread" by some head scratchers. Several other ppl posted that the number of 99's and other higher ups was rapidly vanishing from the list, so apparently there is some process of removal. Perhaps people still playing in games during the reset needed to have some files on disk tidied up before they could be cleared from the ladder. When I quit out of a run to join next, that is the moment it was obvious the reset was under way: u couldnt join any games and same thing was true for everyone in my chat room.

I just couldnt help but remember what happened during one of the two 1.10 resets. Hours after the reset, and while us low levels were struggling, a quick glance at the ladder showed all kinds of higher levels. What caused that, does anyone remember? There was this rumor that ppl converting at that moment to LoD from classic were entering the new LoD ladder, rumors of godly items helping some ppl from them, and such .... so busy leveling then that whatever was going on quickly became history.

Several years ago, shortly into a new ladder, there was a story on the front page of this website about some guy with very similar names SPAMMED all over the top of the ladder and even throughout the overall 1000. Did that get sorted out? Some sort of hack or joke?

Everything is ok now folks. Stay calm. Whew...