• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

looks fishy to me.....

rudi70

Jul 15, 2004
looks fishy to me.....

Hi fellow gamers.
Don`t know whether it was already questioned before.If yes,my apology.
Now,I started on Monday the new ladder session and finally achieved lvl 17 on Wednesday and was able to kill Anduriel.So far so good,but when I had a look at the ladder, I sah already a lot of fellers with levels high in the 80`s.
How the hell can someone get levels high as that in just 3 days? Sorry,but that goes beyond my understanding.I am sure,one of you game-wizards can enlighten me,or??
A good day to all of you from a frustrated old Diablo player.Rudi.

D2Freak91776

Oct 27, 2004
Took me only 1 day to get to 60ish. By running with a few friends. If you have a large group of people with MH, which I never have or will use, to rush through the game and run Baal and such over and over you will get there. I bet those people play over 15 hours a day...

Myrakh-2

Jun 23, 2004
flyff.cable.nu
Assuming no bots, it's simply a matter of "time invested". I've played two evenings now, and arrived at level 42. Stopped there for now, need to decide whether I want to go to Nightmare already (don't have gear, after all) or do some norm mephistos/hellforges/diablos first...

rudi70

Jul 15, 2004
Rudi says thanks....

Well,fellow gamers,if u think these people dont cheat,then I am not frustrated anymore.Unfortunately, I am a lone wolf and dont know anybody who would fight beside me.Sniff,sniff.....
Have to stumble along on the lower end of the ladder,I am afraid.No prob,I like playing,no matter what.Hehehe.
Have a nice day.Old Rudi.

Sacha

Jul 26, 2005
Holland
I'm a 'Fun' player... that means I play 8 Chara's at the same time... (I switch between them from time to time... depends on the mood). Sometimes I play alone and sometimes with 2 or 3 friends, and only for a few hours a day. That means, after playing for 2 months now (havn't played for a few years) my best chara is LVL 43 and starting out in NM.

So competing in Ladder has no use for me other than the stuff ladder chara's can get and normal chara's can't... so I'm really bumbed that all of my 8 chara's lost their ladder status....

MapleBarb

Apr 16, 2005
rudi70 said:
Hi fellow gamers.
Don`t know whether it was already questioned before.If yes,my apology.
Now,I started on Monday the new ladder session and finally achieved lvl 17 on Wednesday and was able to kill Anduriel.So far so good,but when I had a look at the ladder, I sah already a lot of fellers with levels high in the 80`s.
How the hell can someone get levels high as that in just 3 days? Sorry,but that goes beyond my understanding.I am sure,one of you game-wizards can enlighten me,or??
A good day to all of you from a frustrated old Diablo player.Rudi.
I advanced further then I wanted out of stupidity (mine). what I did was I had a little bit to go until lvl 25. Since I was rather annoyed at doing tombs and other similar stuff I figured if I joined a baal run that I would gain that exp and would be faster lvling for a little. well I didnt lvl up to 25 as I had predicted. And after the minions died I decided to see what "godly" items I could find :lol:. didnt find one and next thing I knew I was in nightmare. First game I joined in nm the rest of the group was up to andy. Not sure why they didnt but everyone left goldwrap behind. So I got it for my sorc :). Since then I came up with a couple of cheap runewords. As of now I aint exactly in the top billion but I'm doing ok. Friend and I did some mf for our chars and hopefuly soon we'll both be better

As for your question: No clue how. Maybe, as another member suggested, they play in big groups and play a lot more. because, in US east, there's already a couple of chars that are lvl 90.

the funniest part was in a diablo game. OMG we had to be the saddest bunch of people. In about 10 minutes or so we had moved about 3 inches or so from wp. Since none of us have anything decent we were all actually trying to kill the monsters vs what sometimes happened where 1 kills and the other 7 watch from the sidelines. and after those 10 or so minutes these 2 guys actually said we were the fastest group they had seen all day. And with this I had an attack of laughter :lol: good news is we did go on to kill diablo.

rudi70

Jul 15, 2004
To Sacha and MapleBarb....

Hi guys.
Well,Sacha,when I read ur message I thought that could be me.Before I started the ladder game I only played all characters with fun as u do.My highest character,a Necromancer with lvl 28 is fighting on act 4.There he has to wait a bit until I come up with the other charcters.The next will be a Druid with lvl 26.He is momentarely fighting on act 3.A Sorcerer,a Barbarian and an Assassin are also closing up.I play Diablo since it came up in the shops.Not always of course,have sooo many other game to attend to.Hehehe.
Okay,MapleBarb,ur article is very nice and gave me some insight.I can see my Druid now on the ladder.Not very high with only lvl 21,but there are many others as I can see below me.
Thanks fellers and have a good playing time.I will start now and try pushing my Druid a little.Hehehe.Old Rudi.

Leohappy

Mar 26, 2005
Slovenia
My ladder sorc is lvl 79 now but I could well be lvl 85 or more. I stopped lvling today and started some hell meph runs for items. Also in nm I did some countess runs for low runes that I needed (Amn, Sol, Shael,...).

Ismalia

Jul 18, 2005
East Coast, USA
Unfortunately, me <---- has a job and a puppy that are rather demanding, so I don't get as much time on as I would like. Otherwise, I'd be, ohhh, lvl90 given half the chance :).

Diab

Jun 22, 2003
Visit site
A single character can be shared among friends, with a series of shift changes. One person plays the character, logs off, another person comes on and plays with it, etc. I believe the Europe trade forum had something like this going with a character at one point. They were one of the top characters there.

carnivore

Aug 2, 2005
bremen, germany
i started 5 minutes after the euro-ladder was opened with an inferior built trap-sin. i played almost 12 hours straight in 6-8 people games and managed to keep up with the top until they hit the baal runs and with some more distance until they reached hell, where i almost cant kill a thing... but this wasnt the intention anyway, as i wanted to do something else than 75% of the players do (a sorc) and never expected to keep up and therefore aimed for a normal/early nightmare item-gathering-char (magicfind is the wrong word as she has only 50% or so...).

i think its mostly a matter of coordinated teamplay and to go on as fast as you can with still staying in optimal leveling range of the current area. add some persistance and changing players as mentioned above and you have all it takes. alas MH found its way back all too soon (and i dont expect all users to be banned, but only those of easy-map...), so as a legit and legal player, who plays for his own, you dont stand a chance anyway.

... but who cares, play it your way.
or put it this way: "i rather die ten times the way down to baal, than i let others do all the work or cheat". this credo wont give you top-items, but a good moral standground.

(sry, too many words and probably beers too ;) )