• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Lookin to make a hybrid...FrozOrb/FireWall what do u think?

Sechler

Aug 1, 2005
Tha Luv Boat
Lookin to make a hybrid...FrozOrb/FireWall what do u think?

I think this build would be very strong, but there's some issues with early leveling. I've actually attempted this, but i gave up around lvl 40 because the ladder was resetting.

20 froz orb
20 cold mastery

20 fire wall
20 fire mastery

1 static
1 warmth
1 teleport

Becuase your initial killer is frozen orb and you're maxing it and mastery, you don't have a lot of firepower until level 30. Firewall is good even at low levels, but I found it hard to use as a primary killer until later.

Anyone made one of these and how did it turn out?
Also, you got any suggestions for attacks at lower levels while waiting for f. orb.

triple_ultima

Jun 23, 2003
From my experience low levels are a problem for just about any sorceress build, expect for uber-twinked ones. That build seems pretty solid (and actually pretty similar to a meteorb sorc) so I bet that once you get past the "hump" of about level 30-35 or so, you should do fine. Firewall not having any synergies is a bummer, but since your aim is to make a Firewall/Frozen Orb sorc, I think you have your skill points distributed pretty well.

bruthor

Jul 3, 2005
Norway
I soloed the game in single player with one of those (1.10 untwinked).
FO is killer.
Firewall is a hard to use. If you manage to have your enemy constantly damaged, its a fast killer, but its not easy. you must:

A: have your enemies following you across it. First you wait till they are in the wall, then you run to the end of it and have them follow.

B: Have them standing on spot. Use merc, stun, freeze or whatever.

The build takes skill, and ancients can be pain in the *** if you solo. If you party I guess it can be very strong. Compared to a meteorb, you will be running/teleing your *** off becouse you cant spam, but you have a few more skill points.

Merc is key. A defience with doom, stone and delirium is great. Defience and stone=defence. Doom=holy freeze, damage, -cold res, def from +skills and more. Delirium - well try it: good def, + skill def, awsome chance to cast stuff. especially confuse and mind blast. it makes enemies stand still.

Leveling: Get a +3 blaze and a rouge. +3 ice blast helps earlier. Max CM last. you must prepare firewall for hell.

good luck :thumbsup:

Peppe

Nov 3, 2004
I am doing this now aswell... lvl 45 ish and nightmare is a breeze with FO love it as usual. The early levels were hard, but doable untwinked (my first ladder char). Killed mainly with glacial spike and my merc then firewall and my merc. :p Once you get to 25 though and if you don't mind baal runs you can get to your power levels with ease and start to control your destiny. I plan to pump spare points of this build into ice bolt for the FO synergy... 2% isn't much but 40% overall isn't bad for my primary killer.

bruthor

Jul 3, 2005
Norway
Peppe said:
I am doing this now aswell... lvl 45 ish and nightmare is a breeze with FO love it as usual. The early levels were hard, but doable untwinked (my first ladder char). Killed mainly with glacial spike and my merc then firewall and my merc. :p Once you get to 25 though and if you don't mind baal runs you can get to your power levels with ease and start to control your destiny. I plan to pump spare points of this build into ice bolt for the FO synergy... 2% isn't much but 40% overall isn't bad for my primary killer.

Do'nt pump that synergy. The only problem you will have is cold imunes, synergy or not. Focus in firewall instead.