• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Look--Sorc's can't tele every baal game for you--M'kay? if

Iconoclast

Aug 2, 2005
Stanford University
Look--Sorc's can't tele every baal game for you--M'kay?

I've noticed that since the MH stuff went away, no one tele's in Baal run games. If sorc's try it, they usually die (well, NM and up anyway). I've been in games with 5-10 deaths from sorc's trying to tele.

But most wannabe playas haven't figured this out yet. So everyone stands around in town and bugs the sorc to tele--they usually try, dead, leave game...exit and try a new game.

I've had 10+ games in a row go like this: enter, party, someone tries to tele, dead, everyone leaves game.

If I try to explain this to ppl in the game (I have a 60 sorc), I just get called chicken and noob, etc. But they won't stop standing around in town....

Look, it's gonna take a group to move down to the Throne now OK? The old days of MH and a fast tele sorc to give you the easy TP to the Throne are over! Get with the new game and go as a group....

Dredd

D3 Off Topic Moderator
Jan 3, 2004
Your subconscious
I never had any problems telebaaling - even with my crappy dial-up connection. I never used a maphack either.

Look, it's gonna take a group to move down to the Throne now OK? The old days of MH and a fast tele sorc to give you the easy TP to the Throne are over! Get with the new game and go as a group....

If I were in a public game with a 94+ character, I would be hesistant to walk to the throne - even if the whole party came along. True coop play seems to be a foreign concept to many players.

I've never been in a "walk to throne" public game that amounted to anything. Everybody makes a crazy dash for the stairs - if someone gets in trouble, they're left for dead and nobody is willing to help with corpse recovery.

"Walk" games were fine when playing with my friends. With strangers? No thanks.

hotpanfight

Aug 7, 2003
Cleveland, Ohio
Visit site
I walk irreguardless

As soon as I enter into any BAALIN003,etc game if noone else is already at the throne then I get my character ready catch up to whomever is going there (unless its a sorc) and help along. If it is a tele-sorc, or noone is going, then I just start at the WP and go myself. Out of the whole group that is in town, someone usually comes with or joins up, which I hope leads to the rest of the group. You never know what might drop on the way there. Its all part of the experience. I never like standing around and waiting for someone else to 'play the game for me'. If the sorc gets there before I do, you know she'll be laying down a TP for all the cowards in town. Just remember, the same person who insists on waiting in town for the TP directly to the throne will be hiding behind one of the columns right before BAAL dies, then rush out to try and steal the drop.

Dawnmaster

Apr 23, 2004
Belgium
I never needed MH to get to the Throne alive, you just skill and a few good items (nothing too fancy), you just gotta know how to play the game :thumbsup:

But I prefer baalwalks, since a lot more items drop, and you get a lot more exp (and ofcourse, in a group, a lot less chance to get killed) :rolleyes:

DjSlayer

Jun 22, 2003
Down a drain
So far I've not gone past normal in this ladder, and most games i've been in the majority has been sorcs. This did not prevent them to stand in town while I was forced too run to throne with my lvl 41 hammerdin in the latest baal run I attended.

- D.J.

tctuner

Jul 6, 2005
Chesapeake, Va
i 100% agree. im tired of all the baal games and everyone just sits in town chilling. if you guys wanna run to baal for baal runs, add me to your f list. *tctuner
useast
ladder

MoonUnit

Jul 21, 2004
Phoenix, AZ
It cracks me up, My light sorc got to hell baal at lvl 71 and I was teleing hell baal since. Even when there is a lvl 80+ hammerdin in the game. I don't die unless I do something really stupid.

Teleing aint that hard if you 'know the game' and have decent res/fcr; that does for ALL classes. :D

Rehsa

Jul 21, 2004
www.rpage.net
last night i did about 20 baal runs in nightmare...

the first 3 were HORRIBLE!!! the sorc sucked... the games didn't continue after the 3rd game of failures...

The next games i went for 17 rounds, all BUT ONE we completed throne (technically 2, the last game i did, people couldn't kill things in the throne to start the spawning -_-)

-----------------------

For the 17 games that did go well, guess who did the teleporting? ME!

I was lvl 60 at the time when i started teleporting in nightmare.

32% spirit sword
stealth armour (25% fcr)
magefist (20% FCR) - lucky find from when i killed baal in normal

I believe that was ALL my fcr gear. NO spirit monarch yet, but soon!

Other gear:
nightwing helm (the one with 35% damage to mana)
aldur boots (lucky find while in act 3 nightmare)
NO fcr rings... just some dumb ones that i haven't found better, i believe they MIGHT have resistance
the unique ammy with the 50% fire res, moziacs relic i believe
some dumb shield with 17% all res i bought from store, no sockets

My fcr isn't super high... and i did 16 successful baal teleport games.

My resistance is:
84% fire
-9% cold
72% light
24% poison

only way i died is because i teleported INTO a champion group of dark souls with minions... died pretty fast.

I went from 60-69 that night, ^_^ died a total of 2 times the whole time.

--------------------------

my merc NOW uses a lvl 17 meditation aura insight (was using a lvl 12 until i got a lucky roll on my third one i made). Without my merc, teleporting to throne on average took 5 greater mana pots... with merc, 0-2 mana pots to get to throne.

My point?
LEARN TO TELE!!! if you aren't a sorc, start walking!

OT:
It's not hard... heck, i did about 45 nightmare countress runs before i did baal runs last night. That taught me how to tele better, and want to know ANOTHER THING!!!

There is a secret to countress running, which in other words means, the lvl 1-4 ARE NOT RANDOM!!!

Depending on where the entrance door when you enter is located, the exit to the next lvl is ALWAYS IN THE SAME AREA POINTING THE SAME WAY!!!

i've been accused of map hack from a friend who was joining me... i can tele from lvl 1 to lvl 5 in about 30 seconds or less because they are always in the same area depending on where you enter. who needs maphack when you can learn the maps?

after a while on nightmare baal runs the other night, i was noticing another pattern on how they were set-up and could get through some really fast... sometimes i took an extra 30-45 seconds because i chose the wrong direction to start teleporting in.

---------------------

good luck finding tele people. i'll most likely be making baal games tonight where imma tele in nightmare til i'm lvl 75 (maybe 72)

By the time i get to hell act 5, i'll most likely have a spirit monarch and some better armour WITH resistance and most likely a better ammy as well with resistance and skills. most likely better rings too.

I don't see why ANYONE with ok fcr gear would have a hard time in nightmare baal teleporting... heck, mine i made, except for the magefist... but you can get 10% fcr magic rings pretty easy to get up to my fcr and do the same!

my gear is really quite cheap. compared to a lot of others out there. i'm completly un-twinked...

---------------------

SORCS CAN TELE EVERY BAAL GAME IF THEY AREN'T NEW TO THE GAME!
some people just don't know the game well enough to tele around, while 90% of people should know how to tele if they've ever played longer than 4 months and have had a sorc and know gear basics.

Gorny

Banned
Sep 9, 2003
Teleing was for novices...back when I played we all walked.

More exp, more drops.

Hnoo B

May 10, 2005
California
I've only been playing the game for ~6 months, and I've always been afraid of teleing with my sorcy (she's now lvl 91) because I had died many time in hell trying to tele to baal.

First, there is some issue of skill. I have gotten far better at teleporting now than I was three months ago.

Second, there is faster cast rate. If you cast faster you also teleport faster. If you teleport slowly and monsters hit you as you teleport, you're likely to die.

Third, there is the BO issue. If you don't have a CTA (I don't) and there is no barb or someone with CTA that can BO you that signiciantly increases your chances of dying (the worst CTA with 1 BO gives you +35% life and +35% mana, which with energy shield is essentially +70% life)

Fourth, yeah there is the issue of everyone bugging the heck out of any sorcy or high level palladin (nigma or not). If people do that, leave the game immediately. They are very likely to be jerks who will not do anything, and end up standing back in the throne room letting all the monsters attack and kill you anyway. You don't want to be in that game period.

Intolerance

Jul 4, 2003
Tampa, FL
www.trueachievements.com
Iconoclast said:
I've noticed that since the MH stuff went away, no one tele's in Baal run games. If sorc's try it, they usually die (well, NM and up anyway). I've been in games with 5-10 deaths from sorc's trying to tele.

But most wannabe playas haven't figured this out yet. So everyone stands around in town and bugs the sorc to tele--they usually try, dead, leave game...exit and try a new game.

I've had 10+ games in a row go like this: enter, party, someone tries to tele, dead, everyone leaves game.

If I try to explain this to ppl in the game (I have a 60 sorc), I just get called chicken and noob, etc. But they won't stop standing around in town....

Softcore noobity (new word created specifically for you) at its best. My HC sorc with vendor quality gear teleports to Hell Throne without having MH and without having any problems, provided she gets BO. Nightmare? Is that a joke? I didn't even have anything near a close call in the NM runs our group made the first night of the reset.

If you have decent resists and sufficient life (like you have to have in HC to survive), it shouldn't be an issue.

Gorny

Banned
Sep 9, 2003
Dawnmaster said:
Ah, the good old days, when we were all young :rolleyes:

The funny part was, we never died, and we slew everything including Black Souls. ( in 1.10) The sorcs walked too.

Ismalia

Jul 18, 2005
East Coast, USA
aragorn_elessar said:
The funny part was, we never died, and we slew everything including Black Souls. ( in 1.10) The sorcs walked too.

I'll have you two know that there are some of us young'uns that prefer to walk things!

I only tele to jump across a river...

...though, generally into a pack of flayers!

Arutha

May 20, 2004
And you needed to walk up hill both ways in the snow if you were to go back to town.

arkael

Jul 10, 2003
level high enough and you get next to no xp from walking, only from baal. youre expected to tele because it isnt difficult and it is more efficient xp. the level 90+ people on ladder didnt get there by walking.

GotFriana

Jul 13, 2005
Argentina
Intolerance said:
Softcore noobity (new word created specifically for you) at its best. My HC sorc with vendor quality gear teleports to Hell Throne without having MH and without having any problems, provided she gets BO. Nightmare? Is that a joke? I didn't even have anything near a close call in the NM runs our group made the first night of the reset.

If you have decent resists and sufficient life (like you have to have in HC to survive), it shouldn't be an issue.

I dont see the need to downtalk the person who started this thread in such manner.
I totally agree with that initial post. If I ever join a Baal run is to gain Experience and you do get LOTS of it killing things while you get to the Throne, and finally people seem to start realizing this, yesterday when I joined a baal run to my surprise 5 of the 6 people in that game went down to walk to the throne. Plus joining a team is what the game is about whether you know the persons or not.
And tbh die or not, Im not going to take the risk of teleing only so 7 useless leeches can reach the throne safely.

Aug 1, 2005
so about the whole teleing thing...

1) I always ask a sorc to tele and I'm understanding when they say it eats up to much mana or that their life is too low to survive. Without my insight on my godly hammerdin I used a bunch of pots to tele as well. So yes, I was sympathetic and I'm also familiar w/ the low life of a sorc. What irritates me is when a sorc says "I don't use tele". OMFG... seriously that person needs to just quit the game. ALL sorcs should use tele. Teleport is one of the most desired skills in the game and sorcs have the ability. By not using it, its like kicking the rest of us in the face. In fact, every sorc I've met that said she didn't use tele was a Fire sorc. Fire mastery has nothing to do w/ tele. It takes 2 pts to get it (1 being a prereq). My god.. use the two fricking points.

2) Walking baal games CAN be effective for those of you who disagree. I've gained 3 levels in one game b/c we've walked.

3) I sympathize w/ the hammerdin who was doing all the running himself. I'm right there w/ u pal. Fortunately for vigor I can usually move fast enough to where I don't get hit. Still a bit annoying tho.