• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

look out here I come

TheDarkSide

Clan Officer - US East Hardcore
Dec 20, 2003
DFW Texas
look out here I come

So after finally learning the ladder reset just the other day I decided to dust off the cd's and try my luck at some Hc untwinkled D2 . I made a level 1 Barb and started off in act 1 norm . A rather nice assassin joined and we cruised through act 1 and on into act 2 . I was at this point cursing to the D2 gods for all the times I threw those worthless Cathans rings into the trash to please let one drop now . No such luck , so we headed on down to take on Radament and dispatched of him and his minions . Feeling rather cocky and making good progress we stepped into the dry hills and found the waypoint . Was about to exit for the night and having just hit level 16 was looking for one more wp and then it happened . DEEDS - hahahaaha - dont ya love HC !!

Ohh well at least it happened early . I havent played in like 3 months so it was rather exciting .. Thanks for listening , I'll try again tommorrow ...

:thumbsup:

TheDarkSide

Dec 20, 2003
DFW Texas
On a side note - does anyone keep their old ladder characters just for nostalgia purposes ? Im having a really hard time with deciding whether or not I want to delete my old guys and start totally over . Iv'e got 4 accounts right now - 2 full of mules and 2 full of characters . Im gonna dump all my mules stuff in a game this morning , nothing great on them anyways .

I just cant seem to hit the delete button on my level 90 skelemancer , or my fanat zealot , or my Ik barb . What ya'll think - one more account wont hurt will it ??

:lol:

lCE

Apr 26, 2005
Warsaw, Poland
If u dont use em, why the hell keep em? Just takes up space on the server. Ive deleted countless accounts when they moved to non ladder, cause i knew id never touch those chars again.

TheDarkSide

Dec 20, 2003
DFW Texas
lCE said:
If u dont use em, why the hell keep em? Just takes up space on the server. Ive deleted countless accounts when they moved to non ladder, cause i knew id never touch those chars again.

I guess I dont play that much anymore so I keep them for the odd time I wanna play . I think I'll just dump the mules and make a new player account for now .. Heheehe ...

TheDarkSide

Dec 20, 2003
DFW Texas
I faired much better in last nights gaming session . I managed to make it to level 23 before I was done and halfway into act 3 . I never thought Id enjoy finding Clegaws sword and shield , but beggars cant be choosers . Not a bad little set with its +15 all resists and the sword damage increases per level . I even got a 6 % mana leech ring from the gidbin quest . Still dont have any life leech but hopefully that will come soon . Im enjoying the game once again and its much more challenging not having a certain item waiting for me on a mule .

TheDarkSide

Dec 20, 2003
DFW Texas
I ran through act 3 with little problem and on into act 4 . Izzy came and went , Diablo fell as well . All this do to the wonderfull blessed aim merc Im using . Lol - he soloed most of the chaos santuary and I just followed him along giving him some Bo now and again . I love the way the mercs actually level up so fast now . I made it to crystal passage tonight and alls going well at level 29 . Im hoping my meager 44 % mf will start paying off soon . Not sure how long I'll last using clegaws sword / shield with some lowbie rares .

TheDarkSide

Dec 20, 2003
DFW Texas
At long last Im set to reveal my newest build !!

Yes the Clegaws Set build !!! I finally found the gloves and man at level 39 - I am the KING !!! I roool the hills and Baal's throne too ... RLMAO

Ok so Im not so Uber yet but hey - ya gotta do what ya gotta do .. Thinking ahead a bit and making a mental note that Iv'e found one Stormshield since I started playing this game 5 years ago . Whats the best shield Besides SS for a WW barb ? Iv'e always been highly addicted to the Rhyme rune word for MFers . I plan on this barb being my main source of Mfing . I havent played a S/S barb in a long time and the last one I did was way back when the cruel collosus blade of quickness was the **** . So what shield would you target if you didnt have a SS hanging around ??

TheDarkSide

Dec 20, 2003
DFW Texas
ShockTactics said:
lol

welcome to hc, how u finding it?

I started untwinked too for the first time, and having the most fun i've ever had :D

Well Iv'e actually played HC since I got the game almost 5 years ago . I just heard the ladder reset a few days ago .. But yea , playing untwinkled is fun . Makes finding things fun again ..

PhatTrumpet

Jul 18, 2003
South Portland, Maine
Visit site
TheDarkSide said:
At long last Im set to reveal my newest build !!

Yes the Clegaws Set build !!! I finally found the gloves and man at level 39 - I am the KING !!! I roool the hills and Baal's throne too ... RLMAO

Ok so Im not so Uber yet but hey - ya gotta do what ya gotta do .. Thinking ahead a bit and making a mental note that Iv'e found one Stormshield since I started playing this game 5 years ago . Whats the best shield Besides SS for a WW barb ? Iv'e always been highly addicted to the Rhyme rune word for MFers . I plan on this barb being my main source of Mfing . I havent played a S/S barb in a long time and the last one I did was way back when the cruel collosus blade of quickness was the **** . So what shield would you target if you didnt have a SS hanging around ??
When I was still working my way up last ladder I made a S/S Barb for Trav runs. This was his setup:

eth 'Oath' sword (mine was a Colossus Sword and took 3 rolls to get a decent %ed, but one roll in a Balrog Blade is good enough)
'Rhyme' Hyperion
'Lionheart' Wyrmhide
Arreat's
Highlord's
Laying of Hands
Dwarfstar
rare ring
String of Ears
Waterwalks

He did rather well with his Might Merc, relying on raw damage and Deadly Strike rather than Crushing Blow.

TheDarkSide

Dec 20, 2003
DFW Texas
Sounds good - unfortunately I died at level 47 in act 5 NM ,,, :clap:

Yes I knew better than to be in NM act 5 at level 47 but the rush was good ...

:lol:

Raith

Jul 3, 2003
www.geocities.com
0 mf last season but awesome runner.

spirit crystal.
spirit monarch/that pally shield forgot name.........
raven/rare res/15mf
tgods
shako
maras.....26
vipermagi =]