• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Lillith was HARD.;_;

Invigilator

Jun 19, 2005
Singapore
Lillith was HARD.;_;

I was using my Hammerdin to kill her. :eek:
She has some fast r/w...
And that Poison nova....
Took me 5 minutes to kill her.
She keeps healing.
Like Uber Diablo (Annihilus Boy) :confused:
I killed her and got the Horn.
o_o
Will Izual.Sr and Uber Duriel be hard for my Hammerdin?
And can I take on the Uber 3 solo?
I play USWEST SCNL.
Afraid of asking for help.
Scared of losing the charm. :(

Tethir

Mar 31, 2005
One thing I might suggest trying is equipping Exile and a fast weapon on switch and use your smite if Hammers aren't working too well.

kvszeto

Jun 29, 2003
Visit site
u might have some problems with duriel and izzy

well we all know duriel and izzy fight. normally hammerdins dont have any problems with the normal version of these guys but i had some diffculty with these guys. I didnt fight izzy with my hammerdin but i did fight duriel. the problem is that these guys have plenty of health and incredibly fast healing. My hammerdin couldn't do enough damage and after getting a pummling i backed off to heal and regroup and when i came back a min later he was at full life again. I smiter w/ lifetap and crushing blow works very well. all u have to do is keep attacking and there should be no problems. the point is to lay constent damage so they dont heal.

foh pally

Aug 5, 2004
Do items with mods like prevent monster heal not work with these monsters or do they not work with magic damage like hammers. This is probally a newb question but i ain't tried it yet and haven't read anything in the forums. I just ran across hwanin's belt and just realized it had this mod and it would seen like a small sacrifice to make to use that instead of tgods or arachs. I haven't dueled these guys yet. Also for the exile thing are you usin this just because of life tap, Cause I have one my friend gave me when he quit but it only has like 500 def.

Walterppk

Apr 5, 2005
euscNL
foh pally,

that is NOT a dumb question. Im an old school diablo 2 player (long time pre-expansion) and I didnt know that either. Thats why I tested it.
Today I took on Lilith, solo style.

There's a few tips I can give you.
1) hammerdin + prevent monster heal doesnt work
2) make your portal NEAR THE TOWN HEALER that way, if u run out of health (almost) you can go back to town and get healed fast, BEFORE she can regenerate.
3) fill 1 colomn of you belt with antidote. Her poison attack is killer.
4) just keep on smashing the ***** with your hammers till she dies.

Apr 23, 2005
Dracs + Grief + Smite shield (Exile would be the best choice for the ctc life tap, but upped Zakarum would own aswell) = All "uber" bosses are now a simple bump on the road.

IMO, blizz realized Hammerdins were idioticly overpowered PVM-wise, and introduced these new "uber" bosses, with insane magic resistance... Unfortunetly, Life tap + high dmg fast attacks (such as Zeal, concentration, smite, and so on) makes them ironicly helpless..

GkT

Banned
Jul 30, 2005
How is that ironic? Anyways, here's a pretty cheap/decent setup:

Set Winged Helm
CoH
Silence/Grief/Heaven's Light/Stormlash/Crescent Moon/Anything with CB/Res/Skills/Etc
TGod's
Dracul's
Exile/Up'd HoZ
Gore Riders/Sandstorm Trek

I'll leave the Rings/Amulet up to you.

Use your Charms to Max out Resistances and maybe Lo the Helm or HoZ and Ber your weapon if you're using a non-Runeword one.