• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Lightning nerfed?

stuartpierce

Aug 2, 2003
Visit site
Lightning nerfed?

Just created my first 1.11 sorceress. I noticed that level 1 lightning does 1-40 now (not 1-43), the same as chain lightning.

Stuart

melianor

D3 Wizard Moderator
Nov 13, 2003
Diablo III Hardcore
iamke55 said:
Synergies?
No actually the damage stated at Arreat Summit says, base damage of Lightning is 1-43. BUT i dont know if arreat summit is stating this correctly, or if they really did nerf the damage a bit. Can't remember from 1.10 what the base damage was, that's displayed in the skilltree.

Anyone remember?

Uzziah

Feb 20, 2004
Arreat summit includes 1 point in any prerequirements for a skill so synergies will add into their numbers.

I would link you to a much better skill planner but I can't as it is against forum rules to link to it as it is on a competing site, and a pay for items site.

Here is my hint to you. Google a nacho dip recipe you know what I mean the "chippy dips" recipe. There you can feast on recipe information to your hearts content.

Lightning has always been 1-40 for the first skill point without having synergies. So +1 lightning on a staff would give you a 1-40 lightning skill.