• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Level 85 area question

Crudesash68

Jun 25, 2003
Las Vegas, NV
Visit site
Level 85 area question

Well, after MPing yesterday, I lost a pretty good Hell Meph map, so I was thinking of equipping my Barb to be a rune finder. Since I use Shaeffer's and my Merc uses a Crescent Moon, the ideal area besides the countess would be a place with fewer LI's than others (I can handle LI's fairly easily, but it is much quicker otherwise)...anyone know which of the level 85 areas have fewer (or zero) LI monsters?

Steve

Thirty-Thirty

Dec 16, 2004
Germany
Be sure you want to run the pits for runes. If I'm not mistaken, your best bets are either Lower Kurast runs or cows, to which I don't think Barbs are well suited.

Crudesash68

Jun 25, 2003
Las Vegas, NV
Visit site
Thirty-Thirty said:
Be sure you want to run the pits for runes. If I'm not mistaken, your best bets are either Lower Kurast runs or cows, to which I don't think Barbs are well suited.

You said it...Hell Cows are brutal for melee, and even though Lower Kurast can yield nice rune rewards, it is painfuilly slow walking all over popping chests/logs/bodies.

I did a pit run at p5, no real problems and it didn't take too long, so I may go that route. Also the Countess map spawned easy, so I should be able to run that combo fairly quickly.

Steve

Crudesash68

Jun 25, 2003
Las Vegas, NV
Visit site
I thought about the tunnels...I hate the eternal greeen bulb, but, yep...no archers.

I know Frenzy is fast, but its the going around popping the chests that annoy me. Hard to please, I suppose.

Steve