• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Last night I got BUSTED by my kids!!!

rev129

Nov 17, 2003
All Over
Last night I got BUSTED by my kids!!!

So, last night the ladder set around midnight CET right. Well, I'm going strong with my HC Team Evil and all is well right? No, my oldest gets up atr about 4am to pee and comes into the living room to see what;s going on. Well, there sits Dad playing Diablo. "Dad, do you know what time it is?" "Yea...yea...I know...go back to bed". 6AM rolls around and my 4yr old comes out. "Dad, it's early...what are you doing onthe computer." "Yea..Yea...I know...go watch cartoons". So then I decide I better get my azz in bed before the 8month old wakes up and my wife catches me. So, off to bed I go. Then at 10AM, I wake up to see my wife with her arms crossed giving me that "Your in trouble" look. come to find out both my kids ratted me out!!! Those lil bastard...lol. Oh well, I had my all-nighter of fun.

aman

Assassin Moderator
Mar 23, 2005
Scotland
Lol i guess you were concentrating too much you forgot to bribe them :lol:

So has your wife banned you from diablo for a couple of days or she letting you play again?

Usufruct

Jul 17, 2003
Vermonty
At least you weren't sleeping with a prostitute.

"Daddy, who's Loretta and why were you wrestling with her?"

ian_linington

Nov 24, 2003
Surrey, England
Visit site
Lol..

Got up at 4am to get a few hours play in before work... but remembered to turn on my work laptop so that if she gave me grief I could say I was working (I do overnight support for computer systems)

Luckly 2 yr old stayed asleep and so wife does not know :D :D

Twoflower

Banned
May 22, 2004
lol

how about you make clear to your wife that once in a while you play computer games ? my gf understands it perfectly, and she better do so :p

SirDooFuss

Jul 18, 2003
Sunny California
twoflower said:
lol
how about you make clear to your wife that once in a while you play computer games ? my gf understands it perfectly, and she better do so :p

Unfortunately most wives, and bosses, won't be understanding of computer game all nighters. Especially on work nights (CURSE YOU BLIZZARD!!!).
Heck, I'm such a lightweight, I start to nod off if I play past 1AM anyway.
:sleep:

kobold

Banned
Jun 7, 2005
And to think I was going to start a thread "Diablo II caused my divorce"...
I think wives will never understand...

Jun 22, 2003
Burlington, VT
Usu and I used to get threats of dumpage by our girlfriends when we talked about D2 too much together in their company. I think they thought we were speaking a different language: "Oh man soj, hoto, zod, pvp, mf, dr, shako, titans, annihilus, etc..."

Ismalia

Jul 18, 2005
East Coast, USA
kobold said:
MMMmmm....

two strangers meet on a train....

LOL!

I suggest finding out if you can get your wife interested...

...Or probably the best thing you can do is take the 8 month old off her hands for the day and send her off to shop or spa or whatever. Or you can clean the house or something.

Good luck!

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
Aug 17, 2003
Hamburg, Germany
SuggestiveName said:
Usu and I used to get threats of dumpage by our girlfriends when we talked about D2 too much together in their company. I think they thought we were speaking a different language: "Oh man soj, hoto, zod, pvp, mf, dr, shako, titans, annihilus, etc..."
When I was in my early 20s, I made quite a bad impression on the GF of my best friend because I talked almost exclusively about programming. Later I switched to wrecking the nerves of my friend by constantly talking about Diablo. When he came back from holiday yesterday, the first topic was... you guessed it, the 1.11 patch and ladder reset. However, he once played Diablo as well, so I hope I can wet his mouth to make him start again.

tctuner

Jul 6, 2005
Chesapeake, Va
my fiance never understood how i could play games(d) all night as well. til i got her hooked on need for speed underground 2. it was funny, i got off d at like 3, shes calls me at 4 to ask me a question bout the game. lol. working in the morning really isnt cool, but playng from 6 pm to 3 am is cool. she still gives me stuff bout playing diablo though only cause she doesnt play and i do not have time to each her how to play. i might once we get married though and get a second computer.

SirDooFuss

Jul 18, 2003
Sunny California
kobold said:
And to think I was going to start a thread "Diablo II caused my divorce"...
I think wives will never understand...

My wife threatened to start a Diablo Widow's Club after I got 2 of my married friends hooked on d2. :uhhuh:

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
Aug 17, 2003
Hamburg, Germany
SirDooFuss said:
My wife threatened to start a Diablo Widow's Club after I got 2 of my married friends hooked on d2. :uhhuh:
Don't underestimate that ! My father played cards once a week with a few friends 40 years ago, so the wives made their own meeting at the same time. My father and his friends stopped with that long ago, but their wives still have the meeting, once per two weeks, on tuesday :)