• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Lagging like crazy

dschmeid

Apr 23, 2005
Wash, DC
Lagging like crazy

Is this happening to anyone else now? I'm not sure if it is something to do with the new patch or something changed about my PC.

If anyone has any ideas about how to keep this from happening or better yet has actually fixed the problem before please share.

Thanks a lot. It sucks watching everything grind to a halt every 5 minutes and then start up again with your char lying there dead!

MapleBarb

Apr 16, 2005
dschmeid said:
Is this happening to anyone else now? I'm not sure if it is something to do with the new patch or something changed about my PC.

If anyone has any ideas about how to keep this from happening or better yet has actually fixed the problem before please share.

Thanks a lot. It sucks watching everything grind to a halt every 5 minutes and then start up again with your char lying there dead!
I've been having the same problem :( even taking a simple tp from town to ,,,, takes forever. and by the time I get there sort of speak the words I see in my screen is I died :(.

re dupers: I thought blizzard had taken care of it with this new patch and no one could dupe anymore. Yet I've been lagging more now then ever before (with the exception of perhaps the last week or so of 1.10 but I thought blizzard was testing the new version so I didnt pay too much attention to the lag)

Sh4dovv

Banned
May 19, 2004
Australia!
MapleBarb said:
re dupers: I thought blizzard had taken care of it with this new patch and no one could dupe anymore. Yet I've been lagging more now then ever before (with the exception of perhaps the last week or so of 1.10 but I thought blizzard was testing the new version so I didnt pay too much attention to the lag)
dupers make insane amounts of money from this game

the very second the new patch was out they would have worked to make a new version, and not slept until they had done so

i am 95% sure there is a working dupe now

MapleBarb

Apr 16, 2005
Sh4dovv said:
dupers make insane amounts of money from this game

the very second the new patch was out they would have worked to make a new version, and not slept until they had done so

i am 95% sure there is a working dupe now
you probably right. and maybe that explains the lag at the end of last ladder and beginning of this one. Because at the end of last laddr they were busy making sure they had plenty of ladder only runes and runewords. Now they're making sure they get a new suply of stuff :(. shame they're lagging us into complete sillyness mode

dschmeid

Apr 23, 2005
Wash, DC
Hi all,

Thanks for your replies.

Maplebarb,

I updated the driver for my video card and so far (2 sessions of playing) it has stopped the lagging.

Wurmer

Jun 23, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
I am also getting important lag spike and it's even worst when I am using my Staffer zon which is equipped with the Torch. The spell goes off quite often seemingly adding to the lag. Lag is bad and not only on ladder.

As for dupers they are certainly at work. In the trading chanels I have seen spam bots requesting such ans such items so yes the little rats are working very hard.