• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Kicker?

Oct 20, 2003
Visit site
Talon is the only viable kick skill for playing hell. It needs to be combined with decent crushing blow. Look around the forum. There are many kicker threads with much information.

fredsta54

Nov 7, 2003
New Jersey
Speederländer said:
Talon is the only viable kick skill for playing hell. It needs to be combined with decent crushing blow. Look around the forum. There are many kicker threads with much information.

TS///dtail is viable. There is guide in compendium

Fred

phool

Apr 27, 2005
uk
On TS/Dtail, this was the first build I made since the ladder reset. With a guillame's face + cleglaw's set on switch I slaughter bosses without any difficulty (70% CB total), and with 140FRW (trang arm, 40, sanders*, 40,mav belt, 20, BoS lvl 9-11, 40 or so) I can run straight to them, a bit like a sorc with tele (I just die less than all the pathetic 20-40FCR sorcs in the durance...). So yeah, the build works fine and isn't just dead weight, I could solo up until act IV hell - BUT:

1) killing is pathetically slow beyond 3 players in hell, with a couple of exceptions (my assa runs the mausoleum, countess, andy and meph**). In large parties you're reduced to crowd distraction, through CoS and a good summoned tank.

2) You're physical damage is insignificent - mere fallens ones aren't worth the time it takes to kill them. Therefore you might as well be useless against 2 different immunities of enemy, not one (weak PIs can be killed by unleashing on weak nearby nonPIs).

*I carry a pair of crafted myrmidon boots in my inventory for when I actually get there

**my mf is very low so I message a friend with high mf to deal the final blow against act bosses.

BatTheMan

Aug 2, 2005
montreal
phool said:
On TS/Dtail, this was the first build I made since the ladder reset. With a guillame's face + cleglaw's set on switch I slaughter bosses without any difficulty (70% CB total), and with 140FRW (trang arm, 40, sanders*, 40,mav belt, 20, BoS lvl 9-11, 40 or so) I can run straight to them, a bit like a sorc with tele (I just die less than all the pathetic 20-40FCR sorcs in the durance...).
I like your Flash Gordon build setup, but dying is not an option for me cuz I'm on HC. I wouldn't fancy running in Durance with all the stygians :s.