• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Just read something disturbing in chat...

Ismalia

Jul 18, 2005
East Coast, USA
Just read something disturbing in chat...

...someone in chat is talking about a maphack that can steal your password.

Ummmmmmmmmm.

I'd really like to know that this is false...Like, ummmm, now. That someone is making themselves look good...

Brona

Jul 3, 2003
Visit site
Ismalia said:
...someone in chat is talking about a maphack that can steal your password.

Ummmmmmmmmm.

I'd really like to know that this is false...Like, ummmm, now. That someone is making themselves look good...

No its true. lost my account, sent the email, but could take up to 24 hours. I'd sorta be happy just getting the account, even if everything is gone. I've got friends that will help get me stuff, but i've had this account since the beginning.

I created a new account, but i can't stay in a game for more than a mintue without it being interupted. Not sure whats up with that.

I lost a full ik barb, a level 99 zon that was my pride and joy cause it was my first and only 99, a 98 sorc that's the same, a full mavs set, and lots of other good stuff.

yeah, ok, using MH is wrong and all, but i only used it for key hunting. Well, mostly. learned my lesson now, beleive me

Hacknshoot

Jul 20, 2005
Texas
Well, it's not the program itself, but another program that comes with it.

See, a lot of people want to be mean and they put invisible keyloggers in the file. So, when you play with the maphack, it basically records what you type as the password, and sends the info back to the person who make the maphack, and he now has free access to your account. It's sad that people make these things, but... I never could understand why people do this stuff. That's why I don't use maphack. Plus, it takes the fun of fighting enemies to get to the next floor away.

And yes, they basically make themselves look good. With other people's stuff. Kind of sad when you work 2 years to get your Aldur's armour for the full set and someone steals it. So, basically, I hate maphack programs.

(I kind of hope this doesn't break the rules, as I am not linking to any illegal maphack programs or praising them in any way)

Ismalia

Jul 18, 2005
East Coast, USA
OH! So you have to USE the MH for the loss of account to happen!

*whew* I thought someone had gotten REALLY nasty and well... had a program that not only hacked the game, but closed accounts.

SLX

Oct 26, 2003
aha, i hope its true

serves the cheaters well imo
easy sollution > dont cheat :)

mhl12

Jul 3, 2004
USA
as long as you don't download any third party programs, dont fall for those password scams, and dont have an easily guessed password, your account is safe.

Freezing Rain

May 25, 2005
mhl12 said:
as long as you don't download any third party programs, dont fall for those password scams, and dont have an easily guessed password, your account is safe.

3/4 of the people who play diablo2 used maphack, 1/8 fell for a password scam, and 1/16 have passwords like easy123, abc123. Only 1/8 of us are safe :T

Phyrexial

Jun 23, 2003
forums.diabloii.net
Just to reiterate what has already been said incase it wasn't clear, there is no MH or any program that can be used by one player to steal another players account. Rather, someone supplies a gullable player with a MH program that is bugged with a keylogger so when they try to use it the MH program will steal the user's account/password info.

MauJ

Jun 9, 2005
UsEast SCL
Wmeredith said:
I think it's just fine that cheaters get their accounts jacked by other cheaters.

I agree with you. And when did using maphack become so accepted in these forums? Hope you all get the ban stick.

ActVTristPwnt

Aug 2, 2005
North Carolina
mhl12 said:

Good advice, yet with Netter's EasyMap, upon downloading you recieve a hidden program. Once using the MapHack in a game, this hidden program starts and opens a port in your firewall, I believe is it 1012? Anyway, the port opens and he recieves your account and password.

Hacks and things of that nature aren't smiled upon in these forums but I will release this information. For those waiting on a decent maphack, Mousepad is almost done. They have the maphack working, just working on getting anti-detection up. It won't be long.

There are people that will download Mousepad's and release it for free, we all know this. Keep your eyes open though, if he can, I'm sure Netter will sneak his butt into that too.

AnimeCraze

Jul 13, 2005
Vancouver
Appearently, you are not the only one. From what I saw on bnet forum, the first page was entirely filled with that stuff. There must be a lot of people pissed off about it now. Luckily, I am not one of them since I don't use hacks.

1 Netter : 0 Cheaters

Brona

Jul 3, 2003
Visit site
just a little update....

My account now gives a message of "your account has been closed (8)"

At one point, I also got a cd key disabled message, but i reinstalled with a diff key from a second copy i had from when I had two pcs and I can get back on.

So, it doesn't look like netter jacked us per se, he just made a really crappy program that he probably should have left to the pros like mousepad to make.

So, my only question is this. Will I ever get the account back? has anyone ever had an account closed and gotten it back?

Nov 2, 2003
Visit site
With Netter's MH all over B.Net, meh, I wonder how much the population is going to be cut. ^^

On another note, how well hidden is the keylogger in Netter's MH? I ask because a friend downloaded it and claimed to have scanned it with several (6-7) different anti-virus and anti-trojan programs and found nothing. I don't like the fact that he uses MH, but I don't want to see him get his account jacked over something so stupid. He's going on the info he found out through scanning, if anybody can provide something as to how well hidden/where the trojan in Netter's MH is located, and help prevent my friend from losing his account, I'd appreciate it.