• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

item mods

g00tch

Jan 18, 2005
Cincinnati, OH
item mods

Do things like crushing blow, deadly strike, mana/life leech only work for melee characters? Or will they work on sorceresses and hammerdins also? I'm not sure what boots to use for my hammerdin and was wondering if Gore Riders would be a good choice if the mods work for magic attacks as well as melee. Thanks

Dawnmaster

Apr 23, 2004
Belgium
g00tch said:
Do things like crushing blow, deadly strike, mana/life leech only work for melee characters? Or will they work on sorceresses and hammerdins also? I'm not sure what boots to use for my hammerdin and was wondering if Gore Riders would be a good choice if the mods work for magic attacks as well as melee. Thanks

Iirc, when you fight and physical damage hits your enemy (not druid tornados) you have a chance to trigger CB, DS or OW. The amount of mana/life leeched per strike is based on (correct me if I'm wrong) the base (not sure about base or total) physical damage you deal?

g00tch

Jan 18, 2005
Cincinnati, OH
twoflower said:
wartravelers for a mf hammerdin... not other choice :)

I just got a decent pair of war travs so I'll probably slap those on there for the time being. I'm going to use magefists for the gloves for the mana regen. Thx for the replies.

RTB

Jun 21, 2003
Dimension of Numbers
Dawnmaster said:
Iirc, when you fight and physical damage hits your enemy (not druid tornados) you have a chance to trigger CB, DS or OW. The amount of mana/life leeched per strike is based on (correct me if I'm wrong) the base (not sure about base or total) physical damage you deal?

Skills that do a (total) damage conversion also carry these effects, such as Berserk, Fists of Fire synergy, Cold/Fire Arrow, etc.

Mana/life leeched is based the total physical dmg dealt.

Dawnmaster

Apr 23, 2004
Belgium
RTB said:
Skills that do a (total) damage conversion also carry these effects, such as Berserk, Fists of Fire synergy, Cold/Fire Arrow, etc.

Mana/life leeched is based the total physical dmg dealt.

Good thing I added the "iirc", "correct me if I'm wrong" and "I'm not sure" :rolleyes: